Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: HR Advice

HR Advice

My job is not working out, have my probation meeting on Tuesday and pretty sure they'll let me go.

Am I better off handing in resignation first?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    My job is not working out, have my probation meeting on Tuesday and pretty sure they'll let me go.

Sorry to hear that mate but I can't imagine a scenario where it is to your advantage to resign.

Let them come to you imo.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Sorry to hear that mate but I can't imagine a scenario where it is to your advantage to resign.

Let them come to you imo.
    I resign, 1 months notice, they let me go, 1 weeks pay

I resign, 1 months notice, they let me go, 1 weeks pay
    Well I'm no expert (forget the name of the chap on here who is) but it would be very surprising to me if they could let you go and not have to keep you on for some notice period. And technically you would need to work for the one month notice period but the one week's pay is just a pay off with no associated work.

Mind you I have only ever worked for large banks so possibly the process is different for other firms.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well I'm no expert (forget the name of the chap on here who is) but it would be very surprising to me if they could let you go and not have to keep you on for some notice period. And technically you would need to work for the one month notice period but the one week's pay is just a pay off with no associated work.

Mind you I have only ever worked for large banks so possibly the process is different for other firms.
    They can keep me on for 1 week (they won't), or they could make me work the month (doubtful)

It isn't HR advice you need here, PSRB.

A probation clause will favour the company in terms of notice period. Go with your head and get out.

The job market is absolutely ****ed at the moment. You could move for an increase in heartbeat.

And your current employers will struggle to recruit a replacement.

Currently 1.7m active jobs ads in the UK.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Most of them are at Maccy D though mate

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    It isn't HR advice you need here, PSRB.

A probation clause will favour the company in terms of notice period. Go with your head and get out.

The job market is absolutely ****ed at the moment. You could move for an increase in heartbeat.

And your current employers will struggle to recruit a replacement.

Currently 1.7m active jobs ads in the UK.
    . . . . . .

I’m waiting for the £500 sign on bonuses to start…

Will works one night a week at all of them…Mickeys, kfc, chicken cottage, dominos…not papa Johns though…that’s dog sheet.