Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
He looked ok pre-season. Great ball for Pépé that led to Willock's wrongly-disallowed equaliser.

Btw, what do you think of Willock going? I don't think we've given him enough of a chance. He's still young and could develop like Parlour did into a player who'd be fine doing the hard work in a 2-man MF. With a serious goal threat to boot.
I don't think he can do that personally - not in today's game. Think Ray is one of the most underrated players of the past 30 years - extraordinary stamina that meant he could play wide as well as the physical strength to play CM. Wasn't too shoddy on the ball either.

Willock i see more as a Ramsey type (don't start WES), difficult to fit into the team, but you can reap the rewards if you do get him in. Maybe deserved more chances but ultimately I can see why Arteta was reluctant to play him. Decent fee - and for all the quibbling, it's only Newcastle who have come in for him, which perhaps says something.