Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Right, new season begins, it's all just too exciting, so who is in your first 11?

Right, new season begins, it's all just too exciting, so who is in your first 11?

I'm guessing he plays 4231 tonight:

Leno
    Chambers White Holding Tierney
    Lokonga Xhaka
    Pepe ESR Saka
    Boomerang

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Leno
    Lokonga Xhaka
    Pepe ESR Saka
    Boomerang
    Away to a newly promoted side on Friday 13th..........I hate football

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Leno
    Lokonga Xhaka
    Pepe ESR Saka
    Boomerang
    For tonight Mari instead of Holding (Gabriel in the long run - he's always going to go with a left-footer, where possible). Would be tempted to play Laca up top and Auba left, keeping Saka as an impact sub. Quite looking forward to seeing Lokonga play

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    For tonight Mari instead of Holding (Gabriel in the long run - he's always going to go with a left-footer, where possible). Would be tempted to play Laca up top and Auba left, keeping Saka as an impact sub. Quite looking forward to seeing Lokonga play
    Auba looking doubtful as apparently been ill

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He looked ok pre-season. Great ball for Pépé that led to Willock's wrongly-disallowed equaliser.

Btw, what do you think of Willock going? I don't think we've given him enough of a chance. He's still young and could develop like Parlour did into a player who'd be fine doing the hard work in a 2-man MF. With a serious goal threat to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    He looked ok pre-season. Great ball for Pépé that led to Willock's wrongly-disallowed equaliser.

Btw, what do you think of Willock going? I don't think we've given him enough of a chance. He's still young and could develop like Parlour did into a player who'd be fine doing the hard work in a 2-man MF. With a serious goal threat to boot.
    I don't think he can do that personally - not in today's game. Think Ray is one of the most underrated players of the past 30 years - extraordinary stamina that meant he could play wide as well as the physical strength to play CM. Wasn't too shoddy on the ball either.

Willock i see more as a Ramsey type (don't start WES), difficult to fit into the team, but you can reap the rewards if you do get him in. Maybe deserved more chances but ultimately I can see why Arteta was reluctant to play him. Decent fee - and for all the quibbling, it's only Newcastle who have come in for him, which perhaps says something.

For tonight…mine would be…

Leno in goal…his best position.

Chambers
    Holding
    Mari
    Tyranny

White
    Lokonga

Saka
    Lacazette
    Smith Rowe

Pepe

Brentford should be ashamed of themselves if they can’t beat us with Bellend and / or Xhaka in the team. I think Xhaka is going to be their main target tonight.

Want to see Pepe lead the line…down the middle…not trapped to one wing. He’s way better than that. I think the position I’ve got Laca in will suit him down to the ground and he just might enjoy himself more too.

Seems both Auba & Laca are unavailable tonight, according to Ornstein. Eddie out injured.

Martinelli from start then or does he prefer Balogun in the CF role?

https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/s...030618624?s=21

ESR false 9 for top top top bants in season opener

Quote Originally Posted by Eboue's Boutique View Post
    Seems both Auba & Laca are unavailable tonight, according to Ornstein. Eddie out injured.

Martinelli from start then or does he prefer Balogun in the CF role?

https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/s...030618624?s=21
    Balogun more sense to me - great chance for him. Martinelli on the bench