Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Predictable England

Predictable England

win the toss, put opposition in and then proceed to not take a wicket

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    win the toss, put opposition in and then proceed to not take a wicket
    Can't remember the last time I saw Jimmy go so many games without taking a single wicket with the new ball. Apparently this year's Duke balls don't swing as much at the start. So we've blunted our most important weapon.

Hammered in India, we'll be hammered by them now and then the Ashes to come. Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Can't remember the last time I saw Jimmy go so many games without taking a single wicket with the new ball. Apparently this year's Duke balls don't swing as much at the start. So we've blunted our most important weapon.

Hammered in India, we'll be hammered by them now and then the Ashes to come. Great.
    We are screwed when Jimmy retires.

I also hate split slips. The ball always goes in the gap!
    Last edited by PSRB; 08-12-2021 at 03:05 PM.

We are screwed when Jimmy retires.

I also hate split slips. The ball always goes in the gap!
    Agree about split slips. And about JA going {though we are with Broad, Archer, Woakes and Stokes atm.}

But JA's spells this summer with the older ball show he's still got it. But this year, with these 2021 Dukes, he hasn't taken a single test wicket with the new ball. Yes, 2 best test sides in the world, not exactly bowling at Burns, Sibley, Crawley etc, but even so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Agree about split slips. And about JA going {though we are with Broad, Archer, Woakes and Stokes atm.}

But JA's spells this summer with the older ball show he's still got it. But this year, with these 2021 Dukes, he hasn't taken a single test wicket with the new ball. Yes, 2 best test sides in the world, not exactly bowling at Burns, Sibley, Crawley etc, but even so.
    Calypso collapso FFS

Calypso collapso FFS
    FFS England

Cleaned up

Little bit of a sweat at the end but cleaned up…amen