Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Back from a lovely 2 weeks in Portugal

Back from a lovely 2 weeks in Portugal

have we discussed how **** the Hundred is?

Not sure it requires discussion.

A match that appeared on tv in a rain break from proper cricket last week seemed to avoid showing the absent crowd as much as possible.

I was at Trent Bridge last Thursday for Jimmy's magnificent spell. The roar that greeted Kohli's first innings dismissal was immense and the noise that followed JA for his potential hat-trick ball was pretty decent too.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Not sure it requires discussion.

A match that appeared on tv in a rain break from proper cricket last week seemed to avoid showing the absent crowd as much as possible.

I was at Trent Bridge last Thursday for Jimmy's magnificent spell. The roar that greeted Kohli's first innings dismissal was immense and the noise that followed JA for his potential hat-trick ball was pretty decent too.
    Pity the umpires just seemed desperate to take the players off as soon as the 1st raindrop landed

I caught a bit of the third days play on tv on the Friday which was also rain affected.
    Bumble made the case quite forcibly that people have paid a lot of money to watch the cricket not the groundstaff.
    Some people travel quite a way too. The chaps behind us on the the Thursday had come over from Norn Ireland (for two days play).