Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem - Lack of goals from midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Scored 1 in 7 for us prior to the Newcastle loan. Not too bad
    It's hardly overwhelming, is it?

I judge him by watching him play, and he really isn't very good I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Although once each deal is complete GG will be back and in a rage demanding Wenger's return.

Sort of reminds me of old skool AWIMB when every move by the club resulted in RCEG et al endlessly slating Wenger, Dein and the rest.

Glory days imo
    Too fücking right. Bring him back, play the kids and sign loads of midget no.10s to fill in any positions we don't have kids for.

It'd be great.

It's a better scoring rate than Saka.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

It's a better scoring rate than Saka.
    The most important and telling stat there is not the 1 goal, nor the 1 goal in 7 games - it's the 7 games.

I judge him by watching him play, and he really isn't very good I'm afraid.
    yeah, he sometimes runs on the wrong side of the defender after combining etc.

I like him but think he's not a great stylistic fit with the rest. Not sure what position he'd play at Arsenal and how much time he'd get there. He's one of the few players we can sell and get a decent fee out of.

Good move for him and a decent one for Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Eboue's Boutique View Post
    yeah, he sometimes runs on the wrong side of the defender after combining etc.

I like him but think he's not a great stylistic fit with the rest. Not sure what position he'd play at Arsenal and how much time he'd get there. He's one of the few players we can sell and get a decent fee out of.

Good move for him and a decent one for Arsenal
    Ceballos, Ødegaard and William played 97 games last season between them. We're gonna need another offensive minded midfeilder to cover those. True, we're not in the UEFA cup so that's a good chunk less games but we still need at least one player to cover those positions.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Problem is that Willock isn't actually very good, 7 goals at Newcastle or not. He had plenty of opportunity to establish himself with us and failed to do so, hence why he was loaned out.

Best to move him on and get the money while it is on offer. See also Reiss Nelson.
    This man knows what he's talking about ^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    This man knows what he's talking about ^^^^^^^
    Geordies beg to differ. FL8 didn't have the skill of DB10 or RP7, but he put in a shift and kept banging in vital goals with regularity. A team can do with that.

Ceballos, Ødegaard and William played 97 games last season between them. We're gonna need another offensive minded midfeilder to cover those. True, we're not in the UEFA cup so that's a good chunk less games but we still need at least one player to cover those positions.
    Yeah, I think ESR being fit and Pepe hopefully being better from start of the season will eat some of that along with Lokonga. And we'll also very likely get a new attacking midfielder in, Odegaard or Auoar perhaps. Hopefully Martinelli gets more minutes on the LW and Willian not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eboue's Boutique View Post
    Yeah, I think ESR being fit and Pepe hopefully being better from start of the season will eat some of that along with Lokonga. And we'll also very likely get a new attacking midfielder in, Odegaard or Auoar perhaps. Hopefully Martinelli gets more minutes on the LW and Willian not so much.
    Will be interesting to see if he moves to 433 or stays with 4231, or even (hopefully not) goes to 3 at the back. I'm guessing he wants to move to 433, but that suggests the need for another creative midfielder I think.