Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: National AnthemWimb.

National AnthemWimb.

What are your favourites.

Italy is always a good one.
    I also like Finland, Germany. France is a classic.

Italy followed by Germany always reminds me of the Schumacher Ferrari days.

The England won doesn't sound good at the football, Crowd/players/music always out of time.

On a side note I don't want to hear Sweet Caroline for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    What are your favourites.

Italy is always a good one.
    I also like Finland, Germany. France is a classic.

Italy followed by Germany always reminds me of the Schumacher Ferrari days.

The England won doesn't sound good at the football, Crowd/players/music always out of time.

On a side note I don't want to hear Sweet Caroline for a while.
    French, easily.

And the lyrics are great, too.

To arms, citizens!
    Form your battalions
    Let’s march, let’s march
    That their impure blood
    Should water our fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    French, easily.

And the lyrics are great, too.

To arms, citizens!
    Form your battalions
    Let’s march, let’s march
    That their impure blood
    Should water our fields.
    Have to say I agree gg

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Have to say I agree gg
    Cheers, LA. {Btw, sent you a PM a few days ago. Can you have a look when you have 2-3 mins spare?}

I wanted us to change the UK national anthem to All You Need Is Love by the Beatles.

Imagine you're French and he Olympics are on tv and you knew that some event that afternoon - eg 800m - had a Froggie as one of the favourites.

You're coming into the front room and can see there's a medal ceremony. You hear the start of the Marseillaise and you think "Sampa. On a gagné contre les putains rosbifs."

But then you hear the music change and the words Love, love, love start being sung.

Not only do you realise that the Brit, not the Frog, won gold, you're also reminded that we had the best band in the whole history of music while they only had Johnny Hallyday. A real double whammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Cheers, LA. {Btw, sent you a PM a few days ago. Can you have a look when you have 2-3 mins spare?}

I wanted us to change the UK national anthem to All You Need Is Love by the Beatles.

Imagine you're French and he Olympics are on tv and you knew that some event that afternoon - eg 800m - had a Froggie as one of the favourites.

You're coming into the front room and can see there's a medal ceremony. You hear the start of the Marseillaise and you think "Sampa. On a gagné contre les putains rosbifs."

But then you hear the music change and the words Love, love, love start being sung.

Not only do you realise that the Brit, not the Frog, won gold, you're also reminded that we had the best band in the whole history of music while they only had Johnny Hallyday. A real double whammy.
    Reminds me of the story of how Mitterand (I think) stood up at a state dinner when they started playing All You Need is Love and then had to very sheepishly sit down

Reminds me of the story of how Mitterand (I think) stood up at a state dinner when they started playing All You Need is Love and then had to very sheepishly sit down
    Is that true or just an urban myth/you winding me up?

Is that true or just an urban myth/you winding me up?
    It was Jacques Chirac at the 1998 G8 summit - Jools Holland's band played it

It was Jacques Chirac at the 1998 G8 summit - Jools Holland's band played it
    Cheers. I'm nicking that anecdote. Glad it was Chiraq, not Mitterand.

Mitterand liked us cos he had been in the Resistance. Even though he hated Maggie, when the Argies took the Falklands, he sent a secret mission to GB to tell us all the weaknesses they knew about the Mirage fighters and Exocet missiles.

Also, on the journey down, our Harrier pilots were practising against the cream of the French air force in Mirages.

So even though the Harriers had lower ranges, payloads and top speeds than the Mirage, the Argies had never seen a Harrier before, but our boys had been fake dog-fighting Mirages for the whole journey. Didn't lose a single one in a dog-fight with the Argies, only a couple of crashes.

The Septics wanted the Argies to win to shore up Reagan's Latino vote.

When Chiraq was mayor of Paris in the early '90s, my mates from Les Nomads, the first French free rave sound system, had the same coke dealer as Chiraq.

The dealer got caught with over 2 kg, yet when he went to court, he got a slap on the wrists.