Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why the feck are we looking to sign another CB and at 50m too?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post

I think people forget just how good his debut was. Away at Old Trafford with the team playing utter **** at that point and he was brought in out of nowhere. Not only did he perform well but he utterly bullied a prime Lukaka. Giving a Toney Adams'esk performance. Looked like we finally had a big nasty fcuker CB who was able to play it out from the back as well. But injuries and woeful management from Arteta saw it not to be.

I suspect the next season will be as piss poor as the last with the gaffer not learning from his errors. Bunging out all our adult physical players at the first opppurity.
    Totally agree. We should have kept him, and Saliba and Rob. We don't need any more CHs. We need MFs. Power and creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Keown's return was exciting. And taking the Yîds skipper was top trolling - especially when he won the double in first year.
    Keown's return was exciting at the time we had Adams, Bould, Linighan (in excellent form and soon to be a cupwinner) and ever Colin Pates had played well. 2 million on a centre back was hardly exciting

I trust Xhaka will be flying directly to Rome after tonight’s game.

Best signing in Premier League history, imo. And not only for sheer audacity.

He was the perfect player for us; understood what it meant to be an Arsenal player (no-one outside the club could understand that better than a Spurs player), a North London Premier League footballer. And also an England international.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    The Sol thing was only exciting because it was the spurs captain on a free, he was still just a CB
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Best signing in Premier League history, imo. And not only for sheer audacity.

He was the perfect player for us; understood what it meant to be an Arsenal player (no-one outside the club could understand that better than a Spurs player), a North London Premier League footballer. And also an England international.
    Was also a GG {him, not me} trained CH. So he won us the double playing with Big Tone and Boom Boom Boom Keown. Then him and Let me hear you say Keown could show Kolo how to do it and make us Invincible.

That kept the GG-based defence for another 3 years, winning us 4 trophies and a place in history.

My Gooner crusty raver mate was giving us a lift from Whitechapel back to Hackney and we were listening to some ragga pirate radio station.

The the DJ, obviously a Sperzer, says "Sol's signed for the Scum, the utter traitor cünt" and plays:

From dem a drink inna chi chi man bar
    Blaze di fire mek we dun dem!!!!

So it always cheers me up when I hear this homophobic tune - reminds me of signing Sol.

The DJ was well pîssed off. Implied Sol was a batty and wanted him torched.