Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
Strange. In Holland, they have this lovely winter dish called Boerenkool which is mash with kale or cabbage or something, like colcannon, with fried onions mixed in and then their German-style sausages.

But I haven't really found mash anywhere else in Europe. You have pomme purée in France which is really smooth, but it's not a common dish.

Had dumplings once in a tourist restaurant in Wenceslas Square in Prague after a Teknival one year. They were quite fun. What's wrong with the Hun ones?

Did our take on salmon chirasi last night. Make a sauce of watery wasabi paste and soy sauce, and mix that through the sushi rice. Add in steamed ede mame beans, avocado, spring onions, cucumber - pickled if poss, and ripped up seaweed sheets. Mix it all together with some sesame seeds.

Then get a side of salmon, cut it into sashimi and put it on a long, rectangular plate with some pickled ginger and wasabi paste. Bowl of miso soup and a glass or two of Chablis. Lush.

I was buying wasabi paste in the supermarket in 30g tubes for two quid, and needed more than one for the sauce. So I bought a kilo of wasabi powder from Amazon for about eight quid.

I only lived in Germany for a month in '95 - on the East Side Gallery traveller site in between the Berlin Wall and the canal that was the middle of no man's land in between the walls. So I wasn't cooking.

I've only had the sausages from a van in Portobello Road. Which ones do you recommend?

They're nice, but not the top quality I was hoping for. Can you get decent ones, like a Toulouse sausage, for example?
Point of order g. Rookworst are nothing like Nazi snossidges. They are fine, upstanding oranjesnossidges.