Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Buying/Selling housesflatswimb

  1. #1

    Buying/Selling housesflatswimb

    I have never sold a place before only purchased.

    I have made the error of finding a very nice house for sale in the area but the seller wants a quick sale.
    I have not put our flat up for sale yet.


    Is it even worth it at this point? as it will take too long for the seller of the house.

    seems a weird that I put my flat up for sale then pray that I find something I like in that period to buy. with the stamp duty thing places seem to be snapped up very quickly.

  2. #2

    Don't do it Pat. If the duty holiday ends the market will crash anyway. Every estate

    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I have never sold a place before only purchased.

    I have made the error of finding a very nice house for sale in the area but the seller wants a quick sale.
    I have not put our flat up for sale yet.


    Is it even worth it at this point? as it will take too long for the seller of the house.

    seems a weird that I put my flat up for sale then pray that I find something I like in that period to buy. with the stamp duty thing places seem to be snapped up very quickly.
    will tell you how it's impossible for the price of property to go down. They are the purulent boils that reside on the anus of a jackal. Ignore them.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    will tell you how it's impossible for the price of property to go down. They are the purulent boils that reside on the anus of a jackal. Ignore them.
    Yep this place already gone down 20 grand from previously advertised.

    Also makes me laugh they get impatient when showing you around if you are not out in 10 mins.
    I spent more time looking at a shirt in a shop than I did when I bought my flat.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    will tell you how it's impossible for the price of property to go down. They are the purulent boils that reside on the anus of a jackal. Ignore them.
    Wise advice, h. I will sell my flat immediately

  5. #5
    More help please Awimb.

    I am not sure what offer to go in with. I feel that too low will make them tell me to F off.
    I read 5 to 10% less than asking price.

    10% less than asking price in this instance is 40k so seems a bit of a piss take. should I go with 5% which is 20 grand less and try to 'meet in the middle' I am also weary that the place has also gone down 20 in asking price alraedy in the last few months and has been on sale for the last 6 months.

    I only ever bought one place before and the process was quite easy. I was told there is no way they would go under a certain amount and I went below it and they accepted it.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    More help please Awimb.

    I am not sure what offer to go in with. I feel that too low will make them tell me to F off.
    I read 5 to 10% less than asking price.

    10% less than asking price in this instance is 40k so seems a bit of a piss take. should I go with 5% which is 20 grand less and try to 'meet in the middle' I am also weary that the place has also gone down 20 in asking price alraedy in the last few months and has been on sale for the last 6 months.

    I only ever bought one place before and the process was quite easy. I was told there is no way they would go under a certain amount and I went below it and they accepted it.
    How much are you prepared to walk away F? If you really want it don't go the full 10%.

    Also make any offer 'subject to survey'. If that throws up anything costly it gives a legit opportunity to revise down any accepted offer.

  7. #7

    Don't trust the agent to pass on your offer, many don't if they feel it's too low

    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    More help please Awimb.

    I am not sure what offer to go in with. I feel that too low will make them tell me to F off.
    I read 5 to 10% less than asking price.

    10% less than asking price in this instance is 40k so seems a bit of a piss take. should I go with 5% which is 20 grand less and try to 'meet in the middle' I am also weary that the place has also gone down 20 in asking price alraedy in the last few months and has been on sale for the last 6 months.

    I only ever bought one place before and the process was quite easy. I was told there is no way they would go under a certain amount and I went below it and they accepted it.
    and a higher one may soon be along. Scum sucking lowlife, every one of 'em.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    and a higher one may soon be along. Scum sucking lowlife, every one of 'em.
    That is actually illegal, by law you have to pass the offer to the vendor. I was an Estate Agent 27 years ago.......

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    That is actually illegal, by law you have to pass the offer to the vendor. I was an Estate Agent 27 years ago.......
    Has this turned into a confessions website?

  10. #10

    Of course it's illegal. Are you suggesting that estate Agents wouldn't do anything

    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    That is actually illegal, by law you have to pass the offer to the vendor. I was an Estate Agent 27 years ago.......
    illegal PS?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •