Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not going to lie.....

Not going to lie.....

our new away kit is a belter

My Nan had an expression. Lace curtains in the window and nothing in the larder..

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    My Nan had an expression. Lace curtains in the window and nothing in the larder..
    C'mon 7s, we can't be *endlessly* negative, can we?

I see some good young players and the team is playing hard for Arteta; no more the ball playing midfielders strolling about with no interest whatsoever in their defensive responsibilities while we get pasted 6-0.

That is at least, a start. Now if we can make a few good decisions on the player acquisition front and Arteta shows the humility to learn from his mistakes we might see some good progress next season.

Welcome back, BTW

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    C'mon 7s, we can't be *endlessly* negative, can we?

I see some good young players and the team is playing hard for Arteta; no more the ball playing midfielders strolling about with no interest whatsoever in their defensive responsibilities while we get pasted 6-0.

That is at least, a start. Now if we can make a few good decisions on the player acquisition front and Arteta shows the humility to learn from his mistakes we might see some good progress next season.

Welcome back, BTW
    Welcome Jack Grealish

Never going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Welcome Jack Grealish

Never going to happen
    No, it would very much surprise me as well.

And not sure it should happen. Not watched him that much but isn't he very much of the 'creative player who wants to play only in their half' type that haunted us in Wenger's final years?

And not sure it should happen. Not watched him that much but isn't he very much of the 'creative player who wants to play only in their half' type that haunted us in Wenger's final years?
    In fairness, we could do with a creative midfielder. We have plenty of sit and hold, pass the ball sideways, backwards types. I miss the Cesc, Hleb, Rosicky, Cazorla types

Right. English too, which makes it even worse.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    our new away kit is a belter
    They've got the colour correct, I'll give them that.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    See also: Fur coat and no knickers.

Whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    See also: Fur coat and no knickers.

Whatever that means.
    Surely it's a good thing?