Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: IPL cancelled. And Aus had banned any Convicts flying home from India. Will Smith

IPL cancelled. And Aus had banned any Convicts flying home from India. Will Smith

and Warner use sandpaper to rub out their Indian visas, I wonder? And if they get caught at customs, will they blame it on the leadership group before bursting into tears.

It just got too difficult to maintain with the current crisis :glum:

Personally don’t like these games with no fans...need full capacity home fans imo makes the IPL so much better....like having 20,000 KKR supporters just chanting KKR over and over again for 15 minutes like it’s sone ancient ritual and then watching the other side go into meltdown

Real shame especially with other events getting back to full capacity.

This was all set up for a fantastic finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    It just got too difficult to maintain with the current crisis :glum:

Personally don’t like these games with no fans...need full capacity home fans imo makes the IPL so much better....like having 20,000 KKR supporters just chanting KKR over and over again for 15 minutes like it’s sone ancient ritual and then watching the other side go into meltdown

Real shame especially with other events getting back to full capacity.

This was all set up for a fantastic finish.
    I was really gutted because I was cheering for three teams this year, and all were doing well.

I obv. have always supported Delhi, cos it's where I've spent the most time and have the most mates out there. {And it's part of the holy trinity of civilised, global cities with London and Paris.}

But the lads in the offie are Tamils so I was also cheering for CSK. Been speaking to one of them, Kennedy, about the cricket almost every night since the Aus-Ind series. So I would have been just as happy for them to win as Delhi. Perhaps more so this year given I'm stuck here in Blighty.

And one of the lads from the Kebab shop with the tandoori nans opposite the offie is from Bangalore, so I was up for RCB winning if DC or CSK didn't.

Given Royal Challenge is one of the most famous whiskies out there, a final between Bangalore Booze and Chennai Long Fags would have been ace.

Btw, if you're ever out there, avoid the native whisky as it's vile. It's made from molasses, so it's not real whisky. The rum, such as Old Monk, is fine cos rum is meant to be made out of molasses.

The vodka, such as Romanov, is just as good as UK supermarket vodka. And Limca makes a better mixer than anything you can buy over here. I generally drink vodka-limca every night, as well as Kingfisher Strong beer.

But the best spirit is Honey Bee brandy.

It's from Sikkim, in the mountains between Tibet, Bhutan, Darjeeling and Nepal. It's Buddhist up there. So it's made by Buddhist bees.

https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/h...m+brandy+india

As you can see, in places with no booze tax like Goa, you can get it at under two quid a bottle. It's great in coffee and much nicer than a normal, UK supermarket brandy. I actually prefer it to the usual UK labels like Courvoisier and Martell.

Goa also has it's own take on Malibu you get in white, painted bottles which is really nice. Dear God, I really need to get back to the mountains - esp Parvati Valley - and Delhi and Goa asap. And want to get back to Dharamsala, where HHDL's Govt in Exile is. Miss the monks.