Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Can somebody please explain to me what the point was of a double sustition 4 and a

Can somebody please explain to me what the point was of a double sustition 4 and a

half minutes into 5 minutes of added time?

I mean, if he is trying to run down the clock, then you'd do one and then do the other one both whilst in injury time. But two subs then? What is going to change in a corner?

And for the record, I thought it was ridiculous that we were trying to run down the clock once they were down to 10 men. it was a level playing field at that point and we had momentum. We should have been looking for an equaliser. Never would an Arsene Wenger team accepted a 2-1 defeat in those circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post

I mean, if he is trying to run down the clock, then you'd do one and then do the other one both whilst in injury time. But two subs then? What is going to change in a corner?

And for the record, I thought it was ridiculous that we were trying to run down the clock once they were down to 10 men. it was a level playing field at that point and we had momentum. We should have been looking for an equaliser. Never would an Arsene Wenger team accepted a 2-1 defeat in those circumstances.
    That wasn't even the daftest thing he did. The non-removal of Ceballos is worth sacking him for on it's own.

While I agree it was ridiculous - he couldn't make two different sets of substitutions then. Under the rules for five subs you can only use them at three different points (he's already taken off Odegaard on 63 and Saka on 85 so only had one substitution "window" left)

Willian to take the corner, Elneny as someone who might get on the end of it and/or cynically stop a counter if needed?

Is it possible he thought he was increasing the chances of a grabbing a goal? For the

record I have never had any faith in the Lego headed dago since day one. In his first interview after his appointment he had the apologetic demeanour than no great manager ever has.

When Simeone gives his first interview after we finally have the sense to appoint him he will react to an impudent and disrespectful question by dry bum-boning the perpetrator right there live on TV.

This pissed me off massively. Holding on to a 2-1 loss. 10 men each side we should have gone for it. Losing 3-2 would have been better than 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    While I agree it was ridiculous - he couldn't make two different sets of substitutions then. Under the rules for five subs you can only use them at three different points (he's already taken off Odegaard on 63 and Saka on 85 so only had one substitution "window" left)
    Thanks for that LA, I had no idea about these windows. I find it so hard to keep up with the rules these days, I think it is since I stopped playing myself that I have given up.

I recall seeing the goalkeeper take a goal kick and a team mate touching it before it left the area for the first time. It was in the Women's World Cup. I had a right little chuckle to myself, those bloody chicks don't even know the rules and they're at the World Cup!!

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Willian to take the corner, Elneny as someone who might get on the end of it and/or cynically stop a counter if needed?
    But that's just ridiculous isn't it? This isn't American Football! Maybe it was Stan who actually made that change?

"Offense or Defense Stan?"
    "Bring on the Special Teams Mikel!"

Thanks for that LA, I had no idea about these windows. I find it so hard to keep up with the rules these days, I think it is since I stopped playing myself that I have given up.

I recall seeing the goalkeeper take a goal kick and a team mate touching it before it left the area for the first time. It was in the Women's World Cup. I had a right little chuckle to myself, those bloody chicks don't even know the rules and they're at the World Cup!!
    Sort of the other way round. I was watching some clips of 80s football the other day - every time the keeper picked up a backpass I was confused