Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A lot of people said we paid far too much for Pepe

A lot of people said we paid far too much for Pepe

and we did, but Timo Werner, the boy is awful. Cow's arse, banjo, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Werner - great athlete, average footballer

Pepe - very good player in there imo and we're beginning to see his decision making improve which was his biggest issue. He could dribble past everyone in the French league, he can't do that in the PL.

And as I think you are pointing out, if Werner is valued at £50mil, Pepe isn't *that* overpriced at 70mil

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Werner - great athlete, average footballer

Pepe - very good player in there imo and we're beginning to see his decision making improve which was his biggest issue. He could dribble past everyone in the French league, he can't do that in the PL.

And as I think you are pointing out, if Werner is valued at £50mil, Pepe isn't *that* overpriced at 70mil
    I watched a lot of Werner at Leipzig and yes he is average in his all-round game but was a good finisher. Not like he was getting mountains of changes there but generally took a fair amount of them. Amazing how once his confidence went that disappeared

Kind of feel sorry for him...I mean you know it’s bad when he’s got a simple tap in but would rather pass lol

I think he moves like a top class player but fark me...turns into Kaba Diawara when it’s time to shoot....actually I think pound for pound Kaba was slightly more accurate..at least he kept his shots on target...Werner is putting tap ins out for throw ins!

Not sure how you can win the CL or anything for that matter with him leading the line.

well, if Chelsea could turn Andriy Shevchenko into a stinking pile of horse shíté, I'm sure it was a piece of píss to do so with Werner.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG2 View Post
    well, if Chelsea could turn Andriy Shevchenko into a stinking pile of horse shíté, I'm sure it was a piece of píss to do so with Werner.
    Point of order i. Horsesh1te doesn’t stink. It has a good, honest smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Point of order i. Horsesh1te doesn’t stink. It has a good, honest smell.
    I bow to the greater knowledge of a professional horsesh1te sniffer

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I watched a lot of Werner at Leipzig and yes he is average in his all-round game but was a good finisher. Not like he was getting mountains of changes there but generally took a fair amount of them. Amazing how once his confidence went that disappeared
    It is amazing or entirely predictable?

I really like Pepe,

Though he has a sad face. So people give him a hard time, Other sad face players include Edu

Maybe the Premier League is actually much better than we give it credit for?

See Also: Romelu Lukaku.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."