Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's my prediction.

Here's my prediction.

If Stan Kroenke looks at Twitter and sees #kroenkeout trending, he will definitely throw up his hands in horror and place his billion dollar business on the market immediately. In fact he'll probably take 50 quid for it for a quick sale.

I might make a bid, just as soon as Curly sends me the proceeds from that postal order he's waiting for.

1bn dollars.jpg for the 51%

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If Stan Kroenke looks at Twitter and sees #kroenkeout trending, he will definitely throw up his hands in horror and place his billion dollar business on the market immediately. In fact he'll probably take 50 quid for it for a quick sale.

I might make a bid, just as soon as Curly sends me the proceeds from that postal order he's waiting for.
    One of the worst things about this thing going pop is that it'll embolden the more strident type of idiot fan into believing their own hype about fan power and they're going to be insufferable now.

Whereas in fact what seems to have happened is that these people decided to announce the Super League with absolutely no plan for what to do when it went down like a lead balloon and the leagues, UEFA and FIFA, governments, etc started making threats. I mean it is almost unbelievable that anyone would make a business decision of this magnitude without a credible plan, but that does appear to be what has happened.

I thought you were going to say we will win it

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I thought you were going to say we will win it
    We did, by default, scum were last

these'll clinch it...

Plus ça change ..

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    One of the worst things about this thing going pop is that it'll embolden the more strident type of idiot fan into believing their own hype about fan power and they're going to be insufferable now.

Whereas in fact what seems to have happened is that these people decided to announce the Super League with absolutely no plan for what to do when it went down like a lead balloon and the leagues, UEFA and FIFA, governments, etc started making threats. I mean it is almost unbelievable that anyone would make a business decision of this magnitude without a credible plan, but that does appear to be what has happened.
    I knew you'd hate this and would drag out your 'supporters are clueless scum with no power whatsoever' soapbox.

The plan had nothing to do with it, the issue was that there were simply too many participants who weren't that committed especially when the local associations and supporters pushed back. There is no plan that would mitigate that risk, they simply had to hope that it wouldn't happen. The mistake was misreading the commitment of the participants, not the lack of a plan.

And the reality is that a lot of the participants really do care about the views of the local associations and the supporters. No matter how much you hate it.

That particular soap box is so enormous that Berni had it fitted with wheels. You can

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I knew you'd hate this and would drag out your 'supporters are clueless scum with no power whatsoever' soapbox.
    hear it coming half a mile away - rather like when a neighbour wheels out their mixed recycling at 1.00 in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Great point. I hadn't thought of that. Campiones, campiones, ole, ole ole.