Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Profoundly 'Meh' about this Super League malarkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    It’s a good example of what happens everyday.

Media spin, cancel culture, general hatred and bullying.

-

It’s Champions League reform.

All of the clubs have said they will continue in their domestic leagues and the format allows for a revolving door of 5 other clubs.

But UEFA have thrown their toys out the pram and kicking them out of everything...even international football...while Gary Neville and Rio stir up emotions of ‘how can they do this during a pandemic’.

Good grief.

-

Usually with stuff like this all parties realise there’s too much money to be made so compromises are made but I wonder if UEFA have completely lost the battle now with their latest escalation.

Might even see more clubs sign up to it so we end up with 2 Super League division.
    I see it as analogous with World Series Cricket back in the 70s. The opportunity exists for the best-supported teams and best players to break away and play for more money and bigger audiences, so they will. Everyone will be up in arms at first, but eventually, the breakaway will become part of the mainstream and things will carry on - albeit subtly changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He was the last remaining link to Highbury, the marble halls, the Hill-Woods and the rest of it. Those are just facts. Whether you like him or not doesn't change those associations.

And VAR per se has never been a bad idea. The way it's been implemented, however, is a complete shambles. It should never have been put in the hands of the officials, who are naturally going to use it to cover their arses. It should have been an appeals-based system in the hands of the team captains as in cricket with a limited number of appeals available. Unless an appeal is made, the on-field decision stays.
    same as the red flag challenge in NFL, the manager gets 1 challenge per half

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    same as the red flag challenge in NFL, the manager gets 1 challenge per half
    This has been blindingly obvious for ages, but UEFA being what it is, they committeed it until all the stakeholders were equally unhappy with it and it was total shít.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    In fact, he was brought in precisely BECAUSE we no longer wanted to be the club we once were.

If you follow me.
    He wa brought in because we wanted to be the club we once were once again. Bank of England, and all that.

Owners out of control breaking away to form a new league where you can't get relegated. This is just not on, this is not the ethos of Arsenal at all. Well, apart from the vary foundations of our club when our chairman didn't like the idea of our relegation and had it overturned and sent the Jews down instead because we were the elite club.

The best thing about all this will be all the sad full kit *******s rioting over this. The same chumps that thought nothing about the regime locking them in their house for the past year.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

He was the last remaining link to Highbury, the marble halls, the Hill-Woods and the rest of it. Those are just facts. Whether you like him or not doesn't change those associations.

And VAR per se has never been a bad idea. The way it's been implemented, however, is a complete shambles. It should never have been put in the hands of the officials, who are naturally going to use it to cover their arses. It should have been an appeals-based system in the hands of the team captains as in cricket with a limited number of appeals available. Unless an appeal is made, the on-field decision stays.
    You'll struggle to convince an awful lot of Arsenal supporters that Wenger was the last remaining link to something he moved us out of.

And while I agree that VAR should be used on an appeals basis, that doesn't fundamentally fix the problem with overly officious VAR with their stupid lines and technology ruining the game. Even if it was based on appeals you are still ruining the celebration of a goal as I described. You'd still have to wait for to see if the oppo appealed and then for the stupid lines to be dragged out etc etc

Football is not cricket, or the NFL for that matter, VAR simply doesn't suit it beyond the 'did the ball cross the line' bit, which does make sense.

This has been coming down the road a long time and frankly I could no longer give a toss. We're all just soulless franchises now and have been for a while. English football's just another product to be marketed at chinks. Let them have it.

When we sold to Kroenke, we became just another club. When Wenger went, the last link to what the club used to be went with him and with it any emotional attachment. It's just been going through the motions since then. Given all which, I can't really get terribly exercised about this latest grubbiness.

One thing I'm not having, however, is Sky Sports, the Premier League, newspaper pundits and that repulsive little commie Gary f*cking Neville getting on their high moral horses about it. The PL was no less of a carve-up by big clubs and only now they suddenly develop a problem with the idea? F*ck right off.
    The most impressive part about this whole thing, is that they kept it quiet and nobody leaked anything on it. Kudos for that.

That's boars, I'm afraid. We'd never been colonised, and I use the word advisedly, by Frenchmen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He wa brought in because we wanted to be the club we once were once again. Bank of England, and all that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's boars, I'm afraid. We'd never been colonised, and I use the word advisedly, by Frenchmen before.
    French lives matter, r.

Do you want to be cancelled?

Oh? Do YOU want to be cancelled? #blm #silence=violence

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    French lives matter, r.

Do you want to be cancelled?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."