Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: VAR really has ruined football, hasn’t it?

VAR really has ruined football, hasn’t it?

I mean what’s the point?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I mean what’s the point?
    Offsides. The moment they have to draw lines proves it is all *******s. They rarely link back to the ball being played through, and who decides which frame is used?

Still, a European Super League, eh?

*Games gone*, etc

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG2 View Post
    Offsides. The moment they have to draw lines proves it is all *******s. They rarely link back to the ball being played through, and who decides which frame is used?

Still, a European Super League, eh?

*Games gone*, etc
    Yes, sadly I have to say that I've finally accepted that I just don't care anymore. Watching them look at Saka's toe and drawing the lines to see if his toe was a 1/4 inch off or not was just farcical, it feels like they people running the game have lost perspective. Wasn't the initial motivation to avoid clear and obvious errors? What was clear and obvious about that decision?

It's madness and the only solution is to get rid of it. Wenger's idea about changing it so that if any part of the attacker's body is in line with the defender you are onside won't change a thing, they will still pull out their silly lines to see if there was any part in line. They have to get rid of it and they won't, so sod it. We spend far more time arguing about VAR than we did about referees. Madness. When supporters can't go a little bit mad when the referee gives a goal the game isn't the same anymore, not sure how the cretins can't see that.

This super league nonsense is just another straw. Sod it IUFG, not worth the effort.

This super league nonsense is just another straw. Sod it IUFG, not worth the effort.
    indeed. I wonder if the officials desperately trying to find reasons to not let Arsenal have anything yesterday was anything to do with this ESL.

checking to see if Holding was interfering with play despite him NOT EVEN BEING ON THE ****ING SCREEN when they showed the angle from behind the goal and behind Ceballos AND the keeper being able to see so little of the ball that he made an incredible save

They had to award the goal otherwise it would be shown to be overtly bent.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG2 View Post
    indeed. I wonder if the officials desperately trying to find reasons to not let Arsenal have anything yesterday was anything to do with this ESL.

checking to see if Holding was interfering with play despite him NOT EVEN BEING ON THE ****ING SCREEN when they showed the angle from behind the goal and behind Ceballos AND the keeper being able to see so little of the ball that he made an incredible save

They had to award the goal otherwise it would be shown to be overtly bent.
    Agreed, but it's not even that there was injustice, we've had that before (don't, just don't) it's the fact that VAR sucks the enjoyment and spontaneity out of it. I wanted to celebrate when we scored, but there was no point. So instead I sat there and waited while they drew their silly lines and then when it was confirmed I breathed a small sigh of relief.

It was then that I realised that that is about the best you can do with VAR football, it's really, really sh1t.

That was just bait, imo. It was always going to be a nonsense that certain incorrect decisions would be subject to VAR and not others.

What was clear and obvious about that decision?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."