Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Chambers seems to have mutated into a fast Lee Dixon

Chambers seems to have mutated into a fast Lee Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Agreed. Always wanted him to come good. I think he's rather useful. I'd not bother buying a new right back, now. Esp as he can play as a right sided CH.

Save the money for more useful positions like a LB back up, and MF. I also think we should buy more midget No.10s who could also play wide or no.8 like Santi.

I rememeber years ago seeing a clip of him blasting inch perfect cross field passes back to back for about 20 passes while as a sub at half time. He has always had a great final delivery. Chambers problem is that he has awful mobilty, pace or low center of gravity. Ie the basics of a rightback. He's like Jenko but with good technique going forward and final ball.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I rememeber years ago seeing a clip of him blasting inch perfect cross field passes back to back for about 20 passes while as a sub at half time. He has always had a great final delivery. Chambers problem is that he has awful mobilty, pace or low center of gravity. Ie the basics of a rightback. He's like Jenko but with good technique going forward and final ball.
    Do you remember that volleyed cross he did for a goal once? The ball was hoofed from our own half and he hit it on the volley from the corner of the six yard box for a goal. {Was it an Olly G header?} Think it was in Europe. It was ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Do you remember that volleyed cross he did for a goal once? The ball was hoofed from our own half and he hit it on the volley from the corner of the six yard box for a goal. {Was it an Olly G header?} Think it was in Europe. It was ace.
    Yes and things like this must have been the reason he was signed for big money as a novice rb/cb because it wasn't how he had the attirtubes for those roles. Looking when he was signed, and Walcott as well we must have been very close to getting Bale over the line but got Wally for more money instead.....
    Last edited by Arsenal Alcoholic Review; 04-15-2021 at 11:25 PM.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Yes and things like this must have been the reason he was signed for big money as a novice rb/cb because it wasn't how he had the attirtubes for those roles. Looking when he was signed, and Walcott as well we must have been very close to getting Bale over the line but got Wally for more money instead.....
    OMG. Just checked my comments on the Guardian.

At the weekend, I posted this:

Yes it was Sheffield United but I must say that Chambers was outstanding tonight. I lost count of the amount of times he controlled passes pinged into him from all over the the pitch and in the same time moved the ball positively. Considering the debate carries on over Bellerin and Soares (both of whom have their pros and cons) Chamber’s appearances this season have been extremely eye catching. And I hope to see more of him. All that said the Spuds losing made my day.

Some gooner replied:

Wenger signed Cafu as a CB then sent him straight out loan to first 'Boro then Fulham who then both got relegated. 'Oh but he was Fulhams POTY' they cry.
    Jog on. They got relegated

He's clearly not a RB and regardless of what people say clearly isn't fast or good enough to be anywhere near Arsenals starting 11 and if he and the other clown Rob Holding start on Thursday then it's game over.

Me. I got something right on footy.

That's a first.

Rob H and Callum C.

No idea why I'm right for once. Other than both are great and I hope they both stay with us for all their careers.

Btw, when we signed CC, our scout said he thought he was the best of the lot of that generation of Saints' kids.