Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Who got fouled for the pen? My stream died.

Who got fouled for the pen? My stream died.

10 Ganpati blessings to each and every one of you tonight.

Btw, I love ESR at No.10. Wish we'd play him and MO in a 4-1-4-1 with Pépé or Gabby on the other wing to Saka.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    10 Ganpati blessings to each and every one of you tonight.

Btw, I love ESR at No.10. Wish we'd play him and MO in a 4-1-4-1 with Pépé or Gabby on the other wing to Saka.
    ESR @ #10 every time for me. What is Arteta not seeing? Odegaard very skilful but ESR makes things happen. Plus the Norger may well end up back at Madrid. With Ceballos.
    4-2-3-1 for me, certainly against stronger sides, with Xhaka and Elneny. Jury's out still on Partey. Useful back-up when Granit suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    ESR @ #10 every time for me. What is Arteta not seeing? Odegaard very skilful but ESR makes things happen. Plus the Norger may well end up back at Madrid. With Ceballos.
    4-2-3-1 for me, certainly against stronger sides, with Xhaka and Elneny. Jury's out still on Partey. Useful back-up when Granit suspended.
    You're convinced on Xhaka and Elneny but not on Partey?

That's an interesting point of view mate, and you have every right to both hold it and express it.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You're convinced on Xhaka and Elneny but not on Partey?

That's an interesting point of view mate, and you have every right to both hold it and express it.
    Partey seems to have an uncanny ability to pass the ball to the opposition. Given he's now learnt not to just wander off the pitch when he feels like it maybe his distribution will improve too. We need an upgrade on DMs to get back into top 4 but I haven't seen the answer as Partey. Hopefully I'm wrong. After all I thought Willian was an excellent acquisition at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    But why couldn't the Norgie drop back into MF like Santi did? He's more of a pre-assist anyway, while ESR is more likely to be further forward?

4-1-1-3-1. with Partey-MO-Saka/ESR/Marti or Pépé/Striker.

Ironically Willian's best role now is probably playing deeper in a Santi role now that his legs have gone. I don't think he's ever played there before mind. Every postion you could play him we have about 3 better players all the same.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    But why couldn't the Norgie drop back into MF like Santi did? He's more of a pre-assist anyway, while ESR is more likely to be further forward?

4-1-1-3-1. with Partey-MO-Saka/ESR/Marti or Pépé/Striker.
    Against lesser sides I would agree (with Granit the first choice DM for me over Partey). I feel we would require the 4-2-3-1 against stronger sides.