Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: old boy thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Honestly, I can't watch it any more.
    it's getting that way for me too.

I find myself getting quite annoyed by it all. Which, I recognise, is all rather daft.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG2 View Post
    it's getting that way for me too.

I find myself getting quite annoyed by it all. Which, I recognise, is all rather daft.
    I don't mind if the players aren't very good, really. I grew up watching Arsenal players who weren't very good and that didn't really affect my enjoyment too much. It's just the total lack of any discernible effort makes me feel equally apathetic.

If they can't be arsed, why would I be?

I don't mind if the players aren't very good, really. I grew up watching Arsenal players who weren't very good and that didn't really affect my enjoyment too much. It's just the total lack of any discernible effort makes me feel equally apathetic.

The Arsenal of the early/mid 80s was pretty **** imo. But you could love them.

This current crop (and about the last 5-10 years) have been a bunch of unlikeable pansies and now we have a Poundland Mourinho managing them.

It is like pissing in the wind / shovelling water uphill with this lot...

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG2 View Post
    The Arsenal of the early/mid 80s was pretty **** imo. But you could love them.

This current crop (and about the last 5-10 years) have been a bunch of unlikeable pansies and now we have a Poundland Mourinho managing them.

It is like pissing in the wind / shovelling water uphill with this lot...
    Tierney, Holding, Gabriel, Xhaka, Saka and Smith-Rowe. That should be the basis of a decent side. The rest of them aren't worth a cup of cold piss.

Your brain is befuddled. The team of the mid-late 70s wandered around like dilettantes. I think Alan Sunderland managed three sprints in his entire career. They matched their laziness with an almost total lack of technique and imagination.

We are currently very ****, but let's be honest about the past.

The thing that has changed is your age.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Your brain is befuddled. The team of the mid-late 70s wandered around like dilettantes. I think Alan Sunderland managed three sprints in his entire career. They matched their laziness with an almost total lack of technique and imagination.

We are currently very ****, but let's be honest about the past.

The thing that has changed is your age.
    You may be right, I suppose. It’s so hard to look back and see things objectively.

If Balogun was that good he would be in this team already. He's 19, in fact nearly 20. Very little evidence that he is not going to be the next Eddie Nketiah

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    If Balogun was that good he would be in this team already. He's 19, in fact nearly 20. Very little evidence that he is not going to be the next Eddie Nketiah
    Very different player to Eddie

To be fair to Balogun...we’re dealing with a manager who has a hard on for Bellerin, Xhaka and Fake Willian while completely hating Martinelli.

I think it’s a weird ex player complex.

like he feels he must completely break their spirits and if they can’t handle it they’re not Arsenal material but Bellend and Xhaka are okay because they’ve taking their lumps in the past.

-

Ps fake Willian is Willian