Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: old boy thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't mind if the players aren't very good, really. I grew up watching Arsenal players who weren't very good and that didn't really affect my enjoyment too much. It's just the total lack of any discernible effort makes me feel equally apathetic.

If they can't be arsed, why would I be?
    Your brain is befuddled. The team of the mid-late 70s wandered around like dilettantes. I think Alan Sunderland managed three sprints in his entire career. They matched their laziness with an almost total lack of technique and imagination.

We are currently very ****, but let's be honest about the past.

The thing that has changed is your age.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Your brain is befuddled. The team of the mid-late 70s wandered around like dilettantes. I think Alan Sunderland managed three sprints in his entire career. They matched their laziness with an almost total lack of technique and imagination.

We are currently very ****, but let's be honest about the past.

The thing that has changed is your age.
    You may be right, I suppose. It’s so hard to look back and see things objectively.

5 years at the club and we finally locate Xhaka’s best position lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    5 years at the club and we finally locate Xhaka’s best position lol
    Yeah. Agreed.

So who do we play with Partey? Dani was great today, but as I said, I'd love ESR-MO with him and Saka-Marti out wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    If I was facing the sack I wouldn’t put my faith in Xhaka being our saviour.

Would roll the dice and gamble on that Miguel Asneeze kid next to Partey for the 2nd leg.

According to my extensive research ie YouTube...he appears to be very good.

Nothing to lose with a P45 looming.
    Sorry to disagree but he's been one of the few players who've stepped up. Was excellent again yesterday at LB......not that he had much to do