Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: old boy thread

old boy thread

well that was crap

Things arteta can be blamed for:

Odd selections - especially the willian love-in and lack of willingness to play martinelli;
    Slow starts and lack of courage/confidence - particularly not playing forward balls in the first 20 mins of games (featuring long dawdling on the ball by Holding and Gabriel when the rest of the team have passed it back to them).
    Defensive mindset when team is ahead

Things he cant:

Woeful finishing this season by Aubamayang, Lacazette, Saka
    Panic stations when defending narrow leads in last 15 mins - see spurs for details and last night.
    Injuries to Tierney and Cant quite believe I am saying this, Luiz.
    Selling our back up left back without a replacement (if that is down to him)

Things he can be praised for:

Team has a pattern of play
    Rehabilitation of xhaka - whatever the thoughts of whether he is ultimately good enough, we really miss hi when he is not there.
    Determination not to put up with unprofessional ****e from aubamayang.

sd

Quote Originally Posted by wibble the lobster View Post
    well that was crap

Odd selections - especially the willian love-in and lack of willingness to play martinelli;
    Slow starts and lack of courage/confidence - particularly not playing forward balls in the first 20 mins of games (featuring long dawdling on the ball by Holding and Gabriel when the rest of the team have passed it back to them).

Things he cant:

Panic stations when defending narrow leads in last 15 mins - see spurs for details and last night.

Rehabilitation of xhaka - whatever the thoughts of whether he is ultimately good enough, we really miss hi when he is not there.

sd
    Partey was ****ing terrible

true that

although my main reason for posting was to let people know i am still alive.

true that

although my main reason for posting was to let people know i am still alive.
    Have you had the vaccine?

well that was crap

Things he cant:

sd
    I largely agree.

But he's not the man for the job.

No doubt he'll be allowed to run his contract down and then we'll be wondering why we wasted the last 3 seasons...

yep - got pfizered in mid Feb on account of a deficient immune system/crohns (got no side effects and have been told there is a decent chance it hasn't worked for me to trigger/train an immune response unfortunately but you have got to try)

well that was crap

Things he cant:

sd
    Do you really thinkwe have a discernible pattern of play? Last night iot looked to me like 'get it to Saka if you can'. Although Partey had clearly been briefed to 'smash the ball straight into touch.'

It's awfully good to know you're still scuttling around the seabed, w.

I'm puzzled by our recent determination to buy players who aren't very good at football.

Thon lad Torreira was supposed to be all that's wonderful; I don't even know if he still plays for us. Willian is clearly older than you and as for Partey...

Honestly, I can't watch it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Honestly, I can't watch it any more.
    it's getting that way for me too.

I find myself getting quite annoyed by it all. Which, I recognise, is all rather daft.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG2 View Post
    it's getting that way for me too.

I find myself getting quite annoyed by it all. Which, I recognise, is all rather daft.
    I don't mind if the players aren't very good, really. I grew up watching Arsenal players who weren't very good and that didn't really affect my enjoyment too much. It's just the total lack of any discernible effort makes me feel equally apathetic.

If they can't be arsed, why would I be?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't mind if the players aren't very good, really. I grew up watching Arsenal players who weren't very good and that didn't really affect my enjoyment too much. It's just the total lack of any discernible effort makes me feel equally apathetic.

If they can't be arsed, why would I be?
    The Arsenal of the early/mid 80s was pretty **** imo. But you could love them.

This current crop (and about the last 5-10 years) have been a bunch of unlikeable pansies and now we have a Poundland Mourinho managing them.

It is like pissing in the wind / shovelling water uphill with this lot...