Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: old boy thread

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG2 View Post
    The Arsenal of the early/mid 80s was pretty **** imo. But you could love them.

This current crop (and about the last 5-10 years) have been a bunch of unlikeable pansies and now we have a Poundland Mourinho managing them.

It is like pissing in the wind / shovelling water uphill with this lot...
    Tierney, Holding, Gabriel, Xhaka, Saka and Smith-Rowe. That should be the basis of a decent side. The rest of them aren't worth a cup of cold piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Tierney, Holding, Gabriel, Xhaka, Saka and Smith-Rowe. That should be the basis of a decent side. The rest of them aren't worth a cup of cold piss.
    Swap Martinelli for Xhaka, and I'd completely agree with you.

If I was facing the sack I wouldn’t put my faith in Xhaka being our saviour.

Would roll the dice and gamble on that Miguel Asneeze kid next to Partey for the 2nd leg.

According to my extensive research ie YouTube...he appears to be very good.

Nothing to lose with a P45 looming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    If I was facing the sack I wouldn’t put my faith in Xhaka being our saviour.

Would roll the dice and gamble on that Miguel Asneeze kid next to Partey for the 2nd leg.

According to my extensive research ie YouTube...he appears to be very good.

Nothing to lose with a P45 looming.
    Balogun close to extending his stay too

If Balogun was that good he would be in this team already. He's 19, in fact nearly 20. Very little evidence that he is not going to be the next Eddie Nketiah

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    If Balogun was that good he would be in this team already. He's 19, in fact nearly 20. Very little evidence that he is not going to be the next Eddie Nketiah
    Very different player to Eddie

To be fair to Balogun...we’re dealing with a manager who has a hard on for Bellerin, Xhaka and Fake Willian while completely hating Martinelli.

I think it’s a weird ex player complex.

like he feels he must completely break their spirits and if they can’t handle it they’re not Arsenal material but Bellend and Xhaka are okay because they’ve taking their lumps in the past.

-

Ps fake Willian is Willian

Whatever happened to the questionnaire. THAT was bad enough, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Have you had the vaccine?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Whatever happened to the questionnaire. THAT was bad enough, I thought.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Right. The Arsenal manager's job should NOT, MUST not be an entry-level position.

We are not Wallingford United or Swindon Town or someone.

Shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG2 View Post
    I largely agree.

But he's not the man for the job.

No doubt he'll be allowed to run his contract down and then we'll be wondering why we wasted the last 3 seasons...