Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: C, my beef koftes with red wine and pancetta worked fine, cheers.

C, my beef koftes with red wine and pancetta worked fine, cheers.

Didn't hold together quite as well as with the egg yolk. One of the six broke a bit as I gave it the third turn. But that's fine for a kebab.

I had 500g of beef for two of us which was more than enough. But had I had less beef or more people, I'd have put in more pancetta. I fried them first as you suggested. Had I cooked more, there would have been more fat in the pan to add.

When we get the tandoori nans from the kebaby for the glw's dal - the finest dal on the planet - I cook some pancetta cubes and add those. Last time, I poured the fat from the pan over the dal. Was only a bit, but it really added to it. A sort of non-veg, non-Halal ghee.

We've also got packets of Keralan coconut curry to go with their nans. Could you, or anyone, think of any other packet foods that go nicely with fresh, tandoori nans? At 75p a pop, it makes such a nice change from spuds. And it's so much easier eating with your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Didn't hold together quite as well as with the egg yolk. One of the six broke a bit as I gave it the third turn. But that's fine for a kebab.

I had 500g of beef for two of us which was more than enough. But had I had less beef or more people, I'd have put in more pancetta. I fried them first as you suggested. Had I cooked more, there would have been more fat in the pan to add.

When we get the tandoori nans from the kebaby for the glw's dal - the finest dal on the planet - I cook some pancetta cubes and add those. Last time, I poured the fat from the pan over the dal. Was only a bit, but it really added to it. A sort of non-veg, non-Halal ghee.

We've also got packets of Keralan coconut curry to go with their nans. Could you, or anyone, think of any other packet foods that go nicely with fresh, tandoori nans? At 75p a pop, it makes such a nice change from spuds. And it's so much easier eating with your hands.
    I'm extremly pleased to hear that the experiment was a success, g.

As for packet food, I fear this lies outwith my area of expertise. Such breads should be dipped in something saucy, surely?

You could make eggy, I suppose. Take eggs, many eggs. Soft boil them. Spoon the a mug. Add butter. Lots of butter. No, more butter than that. Salt and pepper. Mash it all up. Voila, eggy.

Now dip your nan therein.