Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over the years I have found watching different Arsenal teams

Over the years I have found watching different Arsenal teams

hugely exciting ( Arsene ), mildly interesting ("We've got to keep a balance" said Terry Neill), terminably boring (thanks Don), shameful (thanks George) and a bit meh (Hi Bruce, hi Unai!)

Never in all my years have a had to switch the TV off to avoid putting my eyes out with forks. What we are seeing is... indescribably awful. I'm simply baffled. Is there no one on the coaching staff prepared to step in and call in qualified medical help? Arteta clearly needs his bumps felt.

a squad of distinctly average footballers being 'coached' by a madman. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    hugely exciting ( Arsene ), mildly interesting ("We've got to keep a balance" said Terry Neill), terminably boring (thanks Don), shameful (thanks George) and a bit meh (Hi Bruce, hi Unai!)

Never in all my years have a had to switch the TV off to avoid putting my eyes out with forks. What we are seeing is... indescribably awful. I'm simply baffled. Is there no one on the coaching staff prepared to step in and call in qualified medical help? Arteta clearly needs his bumps felt.

a squad of distinctly average footballers being 'coached' by a madman. What could possibly go wrong?
    I get confused about the constant worship of Arteta. is he in possession of indecent photos of the television pundits?

I am not going to have a go at him but every player we sign 'I spoke to Arteta'
    Also this constant praise of players who don't deserve it. Xhaka recently 'oh he's been brilliant'

Fact is we are crap and this is the worse Arsenal team I have seen in years. Is this the process?
    I think it's the latest gimmick. you're not an Arsenal fan unless you are overly positive about the new boss who really isn't that good.

I think once Bellend leaves in the summer then the team will be Arteta’s and not Arsene anymore.

No way back for him then especially with crowds returning.

Really don’t get his Xhaka love affair.

The man is slow, clumsy, a coward and will ruin Partey.

I’m hoping it’s just a case of Arteta humouring him until he can replace him but I’m getting worried now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I get confused about the constant worship of Arteta. is he in possession of indecent photos of the television pundits?

I am not going to have a go at him but every player we sign 'I spoke to Arteta'
    Also this constant praise of players who don't deserve it. Xhaka recently 'oh he's been brilliant'

Fact is we are crap and this is the worse Arsenal team I have seen in years. Is this the process?
    I think it's the latest gimmick. you're not an Arsenal fan unless you are overly positive about the new boss who really isn't that good.
    It's the whole, lets keep making the same mistakes week after week that's getting bloody irritating

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    It's the whole, lets keep making the same mistakes week after week that's getting bloody irritating
    Last night I nearly went insane when I saw Elneny coming on.
    I thought he's gonna try and hold on to the 1-1
    then I saw it was a triple substitution and was pleased. Plus Elneny made me look stupid

Just like under Wenger

I find us very entertaining to watch, some of the passing out from the back and through midfield is a joy to watch. Even in the final third we look really good at times. We just need to cut out the moments of insanity and be more clinical in front of goal.

And I really don’t miss going into every match against a top four club thinking this could be another 6-0. Those were dark times

I don't think we ever beat any of the top four 6-nil.

Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Just like under Wenger

I find us very entertaining to watch, some of the passing out from the back and through midfield is a joy to watch. Even in the final third we look really good at times. We just need to cut out the moments of insanity and be more clinical in front of goal.

And I really don’t miss going into every match against a top four club thinking this could be another 6-0. Those were dark times
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

They're not "mistakes". Nowadays it's called "learning", or "growing".

It's not like the old times when the best way to learn and grow was by "winning"

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

In fairness, that DID work for George Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

'Tiny' Taylor.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM