Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: FOODWimb. Could you add some smoked pancetta cubes to beef koftas?

FOODWimb. Could you add some smoked pancetta cubes to beef koftas?

And if so, can you just put them into the beef mince mix raw?

Given that kebab shop makes the best tandoori nans anywhere, I've started making dishes to use them {esp as it's opposite the cheap offie I go to every night. Both shops are cricket fans.}

Last time, I just used beef mince, loads of parsley, garlic, shallot, seasoning, egg yolks.

Is there a way I can add red wine? And if so, would I then not use the egg yolks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    And if so, can you just put them into the beef mince mix raw?

Given that kebab shop makes the best tandoori nans anywhere, I've started making dishes to use them {esp as it's opposite the cheap offie I go to every night. Both shops are cricket fans.}

Last time, I just used beef mince, loads of parsley, garlic, shallot, seasoning, egg yolks.

Is there a way I can add red wine? And if so, would I then not use the egg yolks?
    Certainly you could add pancetta but I'd suggest chopping it and frying it beforehand. Don't forget to add the grease to the mix.

You could add a splash of red wine and work it into the mince if that floats your boat. Personally I'm not sure you need it - and frankly you shouldn't need an egg yolk to find, either. Just give your mince and nice massage and it will hold together nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Certainly you could add pancetta but I'd suggest chopping it and frying it beforehand. Don't forget to add the grease to the mix.

You could add a splash of red wine and work it into the mince if that floats your boat. Personally I'm not sure you need it - and frankly you shouldn't need an egg yolk to find, either. Just give your mince and nice massage and it will hold together nicely.
    You angel as ever, C.

Hopefully I shall let you know how it went within a week.

Been speaking to two others of the lads in the Kebaby with the tandoor. One's a Haryana Sikh and the other's from Bangalore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    You angel as ever, C.

Hopefully I shall let you know how it went within a week.

Been speaking to two others of the lads in the Kebaby with the tandoor. One's a Haryana Sikh and the other's from Bangalore.
    I've just started doing business with some extremely cultured Bangladeshis. I was in Khaka a few years ago and it was relatively grim, but they tell me it's a buzzing city now... what do you know of Bangladeshis, g?

I've just started doing business with some extremely cultured Bangladeshis. I was in Khaka a few years ago and it was relatively grim, but they tell me it's a buzzing city now... what do you know of Bangladeshis, g?
    Have you seen that they're now going to ban the import of Foie Gras?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Have you seen that they're now going to ban the import of Foie Gras?
    Don't. I'm fuming. When things get sorted, I'll let you know before we do a daytrip to France. Ganpati willing, I'll bring some back.

Nothing really, C. Know some nice Londoners of that persuasion. But never been there.

It's quite a strange one. So many died during Partition, that you'd assume they'd hate India like the 'Stanis do. But then Pak oppressed them and India won the war to get them independence.

In some ways, they must have spent the decades after 1971 thinking "Why on earth did we listen to Jinnah? We'd have been better off staying with India. All the good jute's in East Bengal but all the factories are around Calcutta which is bad for both of us."

Though Modi's pogroms have probably made them glad they're free.

I just don't understand why they've only recently started playing cricket properly. Esp given the first cricket in India was in Bengal.

Perhaps Pak only let West Pak play cricket at a decent level, like they wanted all the generals and rulers to come from the West, Urdu-speaking half.

What's the food like, C? Is it much different to the usual North Indian fare?

Nothing really, C. Know some nice Londoners of that persuasion. But never been there.

It's quite a strange one. So many died during Partition, that you'd assume they'd hate India like the 'Stanis do. But then Pak oppressed them and India won the war to get them independence.

In some ways, they must have spent the decades after 1971 thinking "Why on earth did we listen to Jinnah? We'd have been better off staying with India. All the good jute's in East Bengal but all the factories are around Calcutta which is bad for both of us."

Though Modi's pogroms have probably made them glad they're free.

I just don't understand why they've only recently started playing cricket properly. Esp given the first cricket in India was in Bengal.

Perhaps Pak only let West Pak play cricket at a decent level, like they wanted all the generals and rulers to come from the West, Urdu-speaking half.

What's the food like, C? Is it much different to the usual North Indian fare?
    I was on a fleeting visit so my experience of the food was pretty much Taj Hotels group safe.

I’m just intrigued. They seem decent, honest, polite gentlemen, despite being muslamics. Odd.

I was on a fleeting visit so my experience of the food was pretty much Taj Hotels group safe.

I’m just intrigued. They seem decent, honest, polite gentlemen, despite being muslamics. Odd.
    I know you'd think I'm bound to say this, but I reckon the 1971 war was the key.

Unlike other Muslamic countries, they saw that the Muslamics in West Pak were baddies while the Hindu and Sikh kaffirs were the heroes that saved them.

Guess that just makes a chap more tolerant.

Used to love the Taj buffet brekkers in Mumbai. Best in the world.