Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I will never knock an opener who gets to the 2nd new ball. I don't care how slowly

I will never knock an opener who gets to the 2nd new ball. I don't care how slowly

you score, if you've seen off roughly 240 balls, job done. It's up to the dashers to build on your foundations.

And a young one, in his first test in India?

Against a world class bowler with a very unorthodox, un-English style, again.

Basically, I'm just trying to say that I'm fücking gutted, but don't blame him. Had that been peak form Cook, I'd have been shouting abuse because I know he's better than that.

However, last time we played in Chennai, we were 3 down at the end of the first day. We got to the 3rd new ball, scored 477, but as Shiva's better at cricket than Jesus, my boys scored oodles and won by an innings.

Btw, it's great watching cricket when you support both sides. Makes Aus-Pak a bit of a bügger.

Yes, indeed. Useless *******s to a man, I was about to call them. But your words opened my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    you score, if you've seen off roughly 240 balls, job done. It's up to the dashers to build on your foundations.

And a young one, in his first test in India?

Against a world class bowler with a very unorthodox, un-English style, again.

Basically, I'm just trying to say that I'm fücking gutted, but don't blame him. Had that been peak form Cook, I'd have been shouting abuse because I know he's better than that.

However, last time we played in Chennai, we were 3 down at the end of the first day. We got to the 3rd new ball, scored 477, but as Shiva's better at cricket than Jesus, my boys scored oodles and won by an innings.

Btw, it's great watching cricket when you support both sides. Makes Aus-Pak a bit of a bügger.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, indeed. Useless *******s to a man, I was about to call them. But your words opened my eyes.
    Poor show this afternoon. And it's a quintuple Nelson. Will lose at least one wicket without adding to the overnight score.

Maybe a repeat of Australia here...India lose the first then fight back.

Probably what the series needs ie England 1nil up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Maybe a repeat of Australia here...India lose the first then fight back.

Probably what the series needs ie England 1nil up.
    I was thinking that. Esp when Che got out pulling the ball into the gora at short leg before it dollied up off him for a catch.

I worry we'll play 3 seamers who'll only get 2-3 wickets with each new ball and that's that.

Gutted for Pant. {And, selfishly, for Gill given I got up at 5am to watch him bat.}

But as an aside, isn't it nice to have a major test series where the players and fans of both sides can get on and just enjoy the cricket?

Indeed...

Root now in a familiar position...when to declare....mixed results imo

India did Root a favour there!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I was thinking that. Esp when Che got out pulling the ball into the gora at short leg before it dollied up off him for a catch.

I worry we'll play 3 seamers who'll only get 2-3 wickets with each new ball and that's that.

Gutted for Pant. {And, selfishly, for Gill given I got up at 5am to watch him bat.}

But as an aside, isn't it nice to have a major test series where the players and fans of both sides can get on and just enjoy the cricket?
    Very well said, gg

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Very well said, gg
    Respect LA. I thought you were going to highlight my comment about our seamers only taking wickets with the new ball before mentioning JA and reverse.

Hope we try that in both innings next time. Joffra injured. Though this could mean we play JA+SB together and then bring Jof back too for the lights at Modi's Stadium Adolf.

Respect LA. I thought you were going to highlight my comment about our seamers only taking wickets with the new ball before mentioning JA and reverse.

Hope we try that in both innings next time. Joffra injured. Though this could mean we play JA+SB together and then bring Jof back too for the lights at Modi's Stadium Adolf.
    No Jimmy tomorrow probably sensible to save him for the day nighter. Would like to see Stone play but suspect Woakes will get the nod (Woakes is unlucky to be out of the team). Happy to see Moeen back though