Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I will never knock an opener who gets to the 2nd new ball. I don't care how slowly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm not arguing with that but I guess at 38 they are taking no risks with Jimmy. I would go for Stone - depends on Stokes's fitness of course. Don't like the sound of a "knee" problem. No argument if Woakes plays though - good opportunity to show he can bowl in less friendly conditions. To be honest I still think 3-1 India is the most likely score but we're giving it a go.

On another note, I like that it takes STOnes and WoaKES to make a Stokes
    I'm trying to work out the WTC table. I think that if it's 3-1 to us, we go through. 2-1 or 3-1 to India and they go through. If not, then it's the Convicts.

If that's right, if we're 2-1 down going into the final test then I don't want us to win.

Let the Indians and Kiwis play at Lords. Then we have the 5-test Pataudi trophy at home {so when I next get to India, I can hold my head up high after an Eng victory, Ganpati willing} and we can get ready for the Ashes. If only we had a Swann level spinner. I so hope we can play JA and SB together in Aus.

Here we go...a painful slow death for England.

Would he amusing if India can stretch this out into Day5.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Here we go...a painful slow death for England.

Would he amusing if India can stretch this out into Day5.
    Yeah. We're just going to have to accept that you can have one fluke, but if you go to India with all their spinners better than all ours, we'll lose.

We only one when Panesar and Swann were bowling better than the Indians.