Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I will never knock an opener who gets to the 2nd new ball. I don't care how slowly

Wait...there’s a day nighter?

We should have a pool on the numbers of times ‘dew’ gets mentioned in commentary.

World record Incomming imo

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

We should have a pool on the numbers of times ‘dew’ gets mentioned in commentary.

So true

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    No Jimmy tomorrow probably sensible to save him for the day nighter. Would like to see Stone play but suspect Woakes will get the nod (Woakes is unlucky to be out of the team). Happy to see Moeen back though
    I don't wish to sound ungrateful. Because I know in a few years time I'll be looking at English bowlers and none will be fit to have laces JA or SB's boots.

But we are rotating the 2nd and 4th best quicks on the planet.

If it was the '80s again, with a rest day on Sunday and no back to back tests, we'd be able to play both. And we'd have an attack, if not quite WIndian, then better than Lillie-Thomo cos we'd have Jofra's pace in reserve as well as Stokes as a 4th/5th seamer.

If we had Jimmy then Steuy going at under 2 an over, they have to take risks against the spinner at the other end.

Basically, we have two quicks with 1100+ wickets between them who have been averaging in the teens recently and we won't play them together.

Btw, given Moeen's replacing Bess, who do you fancy for Archer - Stone's pace or Woakes for the reverse?

It will be the first test since they upgraded the stadium in Modi's home state to make it the biggest it the world. 100k+. Got Trump to open it.

You can imagine how I feel about the England cricket team being used for Hindu fascist propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I don't wish to sound ungrateful. Because I know in a few years time I'll be looking at English bowlers and none will be fit to have laces JA or SB's boots.

But we are rotating the 2nd and 4th best quicks on the planet.

If it was the '80s again, with a rest day on Sunday and no back to back tests, we'd be able to play both. And we'd have an attack, if not quite WIndian, then better than Lillie-Thomo cos we'd have Jofra's pace in reserve as well as Stokes as a 4th/5th seamer.

If we had Jimmy then Steuy going at under 2 an over, they have to take risks against the spinner at the other end.

Basically, we have two quicks with 1100+ wickets between them who have been averaging in the teens recently and we won't play them together.

Btw, given Moeen's replacing Bess, who do you fancy for Archer - Stone's pace or Woakes for the reverse?
    I'm not arguing with that but I guess at 38 they are taking no risks with Jimmy. I would go for Stone - depends on Stokes's fitness of course. Don't like the sound of a "knee" problem. No argument if Woakes plays though - good opportunity to show he can bowl in less friendly conditions. To be honest I still think 3-1 India is the most likely score but we're giving it a go.

On another note, I like that it takes STOnes and WoaKES to make a Stokes
    Last edited by Luis Anaconda; 02-12-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm not arguing with that but I guess at 38 they are taking no risks with Jimmy. I would go for Stone - depends on Stokes's fitness of course. Don't like the sound of a "knee" problem. No argument if Woakes plays though - good opportunity to show he can bowl in less friendly conditions. To be honest I still think 3-1 India is the most likely score but we're giving it a go.

On another note, I like that it takes STOnes and WoaKES to make a Stokes
    I'm trying to work out the WTC table. I think that if it's 3-1 to us, we go through. 2-1 or 3-1 to India and they go through. If not, then it's the Convicts.

If that's right, if we're 2-1 down going into the final test then I don't want us to win.

Let the Indians and Kiwis play at Lords. Then we have the 5-test Pataudi trophy at home {so when I next get to India, I can hold my head up high after an Eng victory, Ganpati willing} and we can get ready for the Ashes. If only we had a Swann level spinner. I so hope we can play JA and SB together in Aus.

Here we go...a painful slow death for England.

Would he amusing if India can stretch this out into Day5.

Here we go...a painful slow death for England.

Would he amusing if India can stretch this out into Day5.
    Yeah. We're just going to have to accept that you can have one fluke, but if you go to India with all their spinners better than all ours, we'll lose.

We only one when Panesar and Swann were bowling better than the Indians.