Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Phoenix like return

Phoenix like return

During last night's bizarre happenings I wondered how we would have covered it on AWIMB of old.
    In the cold light of today I have managed to sign in, pleasantly surprised to see many names still going.
    And it would appear that I am still PPPL reigning champion! Never did receive the prize shirt, either time.
    Greetings friends, old and new, what's the excitement in your lives?
    In the past few years since I was last here I have downsized, moved further north in Lincolnshire and my daughter is at university in the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    During last night's bizarre happenings I wondered how we would have covered it on AWIMB of old.
    In the cold light of today I have managed to sign in, pleasantly surprised to see many names still going.
    And it would appear that I am still PPPL reigning champion! Never did receive the prize shirt, either time.
    Greetings friends, old and new, what's the excitement in your lives?
    In the past few years since I was last here I have downsized, moved further north in Lincolnshire and my daughter is at university in the Netherlands.
    Good Lord pj, further north in Lincolnshire? Isn’t that called Yorkshire?

la’s still drunk and fash is complaining. Plus ça change, eh?

'Tis a big county Sir C, am still in the southern parts.
    Familiar names on here, familiar refrains I am sure.
    No HendonG or BostonB I note.
    Trust you are still fighting fit, flying high and keeping out of mischief.

I've always had a soft spot for the big skies of the fens. Possibly a little bleak in January?

I've moved into horse rescue, pj. I spent my days shovelling ****e.

Love it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Sir.

We're on a limestone scarp that sticks 300ft out of the surrounding flatlands, views north and east across the Trent Valley to Cottam power station (40 miles) and Lincoln Cathedral (22 miles), views west into the Vale of Belvoir and across that to Belvoir Castle (bumped into Liz Hurley nearby there the other year). All vastly different to the view of the side wall of John Lewis at Brent Cross from my bedroom window as a kid.

Lots of horses around here. Don't like it when they are in a field that I want to walk through.

Why do your equines require rescuing C

How's about a pic of that gal going to Uni in the Netherlands Lincsy?? ....you asked for old skool!!

Good to see all is well with you
    Don't tell me I'm still on this feckin island!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Sir.

We're on a limestone scarp that sticks 300ft out of the surrounding flatlands, views north and east across the Trent Valley to Cottam power station (40 miles) and Lincoln Cathedral (22 miles), views west into the Vale of Belvoir and across that to Belvoir Castle (bumped into Liz Hurley nearby there the other year). All vastly different to the view of the side wall of John Lewis at Brent Cross from my bedroom window as a kid.

Lots of horses around here. Don't like it when they are in a field that I want to walk through.

Why do your equines require rescuing C
    Sounds idyllic p. Yes, the country life is the one for me.

My horses (ponies really) were abandoned by pikies. Sorry, I mean 'members of the travelling community'. Evil *******s.

I love my ponies

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    How's about a pic of that gal going to Uni in the Netherlands Lincsy?? ....you asked for old skool!!

Good to see all is well with you
    Great to hear from you old friend (emphasis on the old). Trust all is well in your world?

When I was writing my update I put '(and don't even think of asking for a pic!)' but then erased it as I thought 'they will have grown up a bit in the intervening years'. Shirley I was mistaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Sounds idyllic p. Yes, the country life is the one for me.

My horses (ponies really) were abandoned by pikies. Sorry, I mean 'members of the travelling community'. Evil *******s.

I love my ponies
    Have seen Mrs C's vid. That's the life for sure.