Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I admit I was wrong about Suarez. Well done, Cedric. Respect.

I admit I was wrong about Suarez. Well done, Cedric. Respect.

If he can play every game like he has done the last 2 or 3, at left and right back then wicked. I'm happy for him to be first choice replacement on both flanks.

But willian can go. And Luiz. And Cech and Yossi and Gallas.

I hate them all, even if some aren't playing for us any more.

I'd just love to see more kids come through to the top level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    If he can play every game like he has done the last 2 or 3, at left and right back then wicked. I'm happy for him to be first choice replacement on both flanks.

But willian can go. And Luiz. And Cech and Yossi and Gallas.

I hate them all, even if some aren't playing for us any more.

I'd just love to see more kids come through to the top level.
    Still think Saka is wasted on the right?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Didn’t someone also say Pepe could never play on the left because he always cuts inside onto his left foot?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Didn’t someone also say Pepe could never play on the left because he always cuts inside onto his left foot?
    Most evidence suggests Pepe can't play on either side.

I'd forgotten about that. Though obviously it wasn't me that said it. I'm sure my account was hacked.

{Though given we have Auba and Martinelli on the left, Saka's ability on the right makes the money spent on Willian look even more stupid. Next year, or the year after, we'll be in Ozil territory of Willian taking the money yet not even in the squad.}

I was always slightly baffled by why he hasn't really played there before - obviously Auba playing there doesn't help but it seems a position that makes use of the one asset he definitely does have, pace

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I'd forgotten about that. Though obviously it wasn't me that said it. I'm sure my account was hacked.

{Though given we have Auba and Martinelli on the left, Saka's ability on the right makes the money spent on Willian look even more stupid. Next year, or the year after, we'll be in Ozil territory of Willian taking the money yet not even in the squad.}
    We could probably still sell Willian in the summer for decent money He came on a free, and is still a very good player

I was always slightly baffled by why he hasn't really played there before - obviously Auba playing there doesn't help but it seems a position that makes use of the one asset he definitely does have, pace
    I’d like to see him passing and moving a lot more and cutting inside and trying to take on 2 defenders a lot less.

My hope is that Arteta can teach him this, there’s a very talented player in there. Not too sure how I understand how anyone can watch him play and not see his ability. Other than Monty, of course. I understand exactly why he can’t see it.

I don’t think Edu & Arteta intended for Willian to play a massive role on the pitch.

More a case of Europa League, Cup games and the odd League game but generally being a role model for Martinelli, Saka, ESR, Willock, Reece, Pepe and Saka.

Could probably add Ceballos to that as well...people forget he’s still relatively young in his career and trying to bridge that gap so he can become a first team regular at a top club.

PS - I like the new signing...takes some pressure off ESR and Martinelli. Last thing either needs is another long spell out.

See out this season and we have two cracking experienced players to go to war with next season.

Saka too...he can come on for Saka during games...I don’t think Saka has an off switch...just 100% for 90 minutes. You need to protect players like that.

I’d like to see him passing and moving a lot more and cutting inside and trying to take on 2 defenders a lot less.

My hope is that Arteta can teach him this, there’s a very talented player in there. Not too sure how I understand how anyone can watch him play and not see his ability. Other than Monty, of course. I understand exactly why he can’t see it.
    Pepe has very good technique. He can dribble well and he can strike the ball well. Nobody doubts this.

What is in question is his decision making ability, how often does he do the right thing at the right time?

My hunch is that it's harder to teach this than technique.