Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
No, actually. If we won and the useless Welsh tosser contributed I would give credit where it was due. But that’s not really the point. There was enough to be happy about in that win that I’m not sure what makes someone decide to ignore all that and go off on a tangent about a player who has scored some seriously sexy goals for us but has yet to achieve what we hope for.

I believe a low block means the back four playing a line just beyond the edge of the box and rarely pushing much farther forward. It’s a Mourinho speciality, if the midfield drops as soon as the opposition gain possession its a pretty good way kill a game. Also a Mourinho speciality.
Cheers. So it's just parking the bus in old money, then?

"If we won and the useless Welsh tosser contributed I would give credit where it was due."

True. But when we won without the useless Welsh tosser doing much, you were occasionally known to call him a useless Welsh tosser.

I'm with you on Pépé, btw. And I think a 4-1-4-1 {with Partey as DM and Saka+ESR/Willock in the 4 with him and Martinelli} could get the best out of him, esp. if HB2 is given freedom to offer him an overlap ball if they block off NP cutting inside onto his left.