Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If anybody is sniffing around Pepe i'd let him go based on the kids today

If anybody is sniffing around Pepe i'd let him go based on the kids today

Realistically he's been a complete failure considering the money spent. He's now just blocking the path off potential World beaters. ESR and Martinelli look much better players for our current system rigth now nevermind in the future. If there is a £50m offer foating about i'd bite their hands off. Christ even £40m i'd be tempted. The main objective for the window isn't going to be bringing in a heap of players. No, it will be about booting out the deadwood. I'd be happy with moving 5 on and one big signing.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Realistically he's been a complete failure considering the money spent. He's now just blocking the path off potential World beaters. ESR and Martinelli look much better players for our current system rigth now nevermind in the future. If there is a £50m offer foating about i'd bite their hands off. Christ even £40m i'd be tempted. The main objective for the window isn't going to be bringing in a heap of players. No, it will be about booting out the deadwood. I'd be happy with moving 5 on and one big signing.
    Look, I get what you're saying. And it's clear the kids bought up on Wengerball look better than the older, bigger names.

But with Pépé, I think he has talent, he could just do with having a defined role. It was the Willian signing that was insane.

Pépé, Marti, Reiss, ESR, all much better, let alone Saka and Auba.

But get the kids playing AW style 4-2-3-1 and we look ok.

What we need is Partey back to play 4-1-4-1. With Auba up top, Partey DM, and 4 creatives: Saka, Martinelli + two of Pépé, Willock, ESR, Reiss.

Willian's wages over 3 years would have paid the transfer fee {but not the wages} of that Aour lad we wanted in the summer or however its fücking spelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Look, I get what you're saying. And it's clear the kids bought up on Wengerball look better than the older, bigger names.

But with Pépé, I think he has talent, he could just do with having a defined role. It was the Willian signing that was insane.

Pépé, Marti, Reiss, ESR, all much better, let alone Saka and Auba.

But get the kids playing AW style 4-2-3-1 and we look ok.

What we need is Partey back to play 4-1-4-1. With Auba up top, Partey DM, and 4 creatives: Saka, Martinelli + two of Pépé, Willock, ESR, Reiss.

Willian's wages over 3 years would have paid the transfer fee {but not the wages} of that Aour lad we wanted in the summer or however its fücking spelled.
    Pepe is not the worst but I can't see him ever justifying his monster fee. He could be another where you wait and hope that he comes good but the next thing you know he's winding down his contract and you're stuck with him unmotivated. If he's to be sold and we're to recoup any of our outlay it will have to be in jan or the summer.

We basically play him on the flanks. A position where we have good up and comers who can play that role. If you put a gun to my head and said we have to lose one of ESR, Saka, Martinelli or Pepe i'm deffo booting Pepe.

The main work in jan is going to be booting out
    Mustafi
    Sokratis
    Kolansinic
    Chambers
    Ozil

I don't see him getting rid of Willian. In an ideal world i'd boot him and Xhaha both out and bring back Torreiria and Guendouzi

Pepe is not the worst but I can't see him ever justifying his monster fee. He could be another where you wait and hope that he comes good but the next thing you know he's winding down his contract and you're stuck with him unmotivated. If he's to be sold and we're to recoup any of our outlay it will have to be in jan or the summer.

We basically play him on the flanks. A position where we have good up and comers who can play that role. If you put a gun to my head and said we have to lose one of ESR, Saka, Martinelli or Pepe i'm deffo booting Pepe.

The main work in jan is going to be booting out
    Mustafi
    Sokratis
    Kolansinic
    Chambers
    Ozil

I don't see him getting rid of Willian. In an ideal world i'd boot him and Xhaha both out and bring back Torreiria and Guendouzi
    Let's just get Willian bumped off. A hitman must cost less than 40 mil, and that gormless fücker isn't gonna be a tricky to off as an oligarch or whatever.

You just watched us win a London derby with an excellent performance while playing attractive football and your first thought is to post something saying that we should sell Pepe? If you aren’t on ATV, you should be.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You just watched us win a London derby with an excellent performance while playing attractive football and your first thought is to post something saying that we should sell Pepe? If you aren’t on ATV, you should be.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
    Because it's not like you ever moaned after a sexy AW victory that a certain player may score a few, sexy goals each year but he doesn't put in enough of a shift to justify his place.

Btw, does anyone know what a "low block" is in old skool footie speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Because it's not like you ever moaned after a sexy AW victory that a certain player may score a few, sexy goals each year but he doesn't put in enough of a shift to justify his place.

Btw, does anyone know what a "low block" is in old skool footie speak?
    No, actually. If we won and the useless Welsh tosser contributed I would give credit where it was due. But that’s not really the point. There was enough to be happy about in that win that I’m not sure what makes someone decide to ignore all that and go off on a tangent about a player who has scored some seriously sexy goals for us but has yet to achieve what we hope for.

I believe a low block means the back four playing a line just beyond the edge of the box and rarely pushing much farther forward. It’s a Mourinho speciality, if the midfield drops as soon as the opposition gain possession its a pretty good way kill a game. Also a Mourinho speciality.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    No, actually. If we won and the useless Welsh tosser contributed I would give credit where it was due. But that’s not really the point. There was enough to be happy about in that win that I’m not sure what makes someone decide to ignore all that and go off on a tangent about a player who has scored some seriously sexy goals for us but has yet to achieve what we hope for.

I believe a low block means the back four playing a line just beyond the edge of the box and rarely pushing much farther forward. It’s a Mourinho speciality, if the midfield drops as soon as the opposition gain possession its a pretty good way kill a game. Also a Mourinho speciality.
    Cheers. So it's just parking the bus in old money, then?

"If we won and the useless Welsh tosser contributed I would give credit where it was due."

True. But when we won without the useless Welsh tosser doing much, you were occasionally known to call him a useless Welsh tosser.

I'm with you on Pépé, btw. And I think a 4-1-4-1 {with Partey as DM and Saka+ESR/Willock in the 4 with him and Martinelli} could get the best out of him, esp. if HB2 is given freedom to offer him an overlap ball if they block off NP cutting inside onto his left.

This is the problem with playing Pepe in this potential new look Arsenal moving forward. He's the total opposite of what Martinelli, ESR and Saka gave us. Constant movement, one touch passing on the move, bursting guts running into space. With Pepe it's just going to be all about coming short for the ball and slowing down the play.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1343671314494590976

It's going to be hard for Arteta to feel the need to start Pepe going forward. Aubameyang will be another interesting problem he has to deal with. Undoubtedly our best forward, despite his form still one of the best in the game. Clearly better than Laca. Although in the system played against Chelsea where Laca's hold up play and work rate was key you're never going to get that performace from Aubameyang where he does his best work with his back to goal.

This is the problem with playing Pepe in this potential new look Arsenal moving forward. He's the total opposite of what Martinelli, ESR and Saka gave us. Constant movement, one touch passing on the move, bursting guts running into space. With Pepe it's just going to be all about coming short for the ball and slowing down the play.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1343671314494590976

It's going to be hard for Arteta to feel the need to start Pepe going forward. Aubameyang will be another interesting problem he has to deal with. Undoubtedly our best forward, despite his form still one of the best in the game. Clearly better than Laca. Although in the system played against Chelsea where Laca's hold up play and work rate was key you're never going to get that performace from Aubameyang where he does his best work with his back to goal.
    So it was you wot jinxed us, AAR.

I've just watched the worst 45 mins of Arsenal football in my life. If BHA weren't donkeys, they could be 4 or 5 up.

I wondered how the team that ripped apart the Chavs could look so toothless against BHA. Any chance you can unjinx us?

I doubt it. We won't have a shot on goal and will lose by 2 or 3.