Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: More 2020 shenanigans

More 2020 shenanigans

South African Lottery numbers...5 6 7 8 9 and.....drum roll....10

People don't understand probability! Imagine if the numbers were symbols. Then there's no such thing as "consecutive symbols". The odds of getting any 6 numbers are the same as the odds of getting any other 6 (non-consecutive) numbers.

The probability p of choosing the right k (6) out of n (49) numbers is p = 1/c, where c is the number of combinations of n elements taken k at a time.
    c = n!/(k! (n-k)!) = 49!/(6! 43!) = 13983816
    That means that you have 1 chance out of 13,983,816 of winning the lottery, regardless of the six numbers you choose.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    People don't understand probability! Imagine if the numbers were symbols. Then there's no such thing as "consecutive symbols". The odds of getting any 6 numbers are the same as the odds of getting any other 6 (non-consecutive) numbers.

The probability p of choosing the right k (6) out of n (49) numbers is p = 1/c, where c is the number of combinations of n elements taken k at a time.
    c = n!/(k! (n-k)!) = 49!/(6! 43!) = 13983816
    That means that you have 1 chance out of 13,983,816 of winning the lottery, regardless of the six numbers you choose.
    Reminds me of when people píss themselves larfing at the thought of 1,2,3,4,5,6 being drawn as that would never happen

There's only one logical rule to the Lotto and that is if you use birthday numbers you've got more chance of sharing any win. So that's what I go and do
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'