Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Yes, talking of the wealthy, senile and ag-ed, did anyone catch His appearance

Yes, talking of the wealthy, senile and ag-ed, did anyone catch His appearance

on Desert Island Discs? No, me neither, but I'm told it was very "interesting"
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    on Desert Island Discs? No, me neither, but I'm told it was very "interesting"
    He chose 'Imagine'.

Does anyone NOT have feet of clay, ffs?

Oh, dear. Glad I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He chose 'Imagine'.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He chose 'Imagine'.

It's an odd thing that seems to afflict so many. I have an old friend and we still get together to quaff whisky, smoke the weed and listen to that good ole rock 'n roll. He has excellent taste in, and an expansive knowledge of contemporary music and I am always happy to scrutinize his recommendations.

But he will insist that Imagine is one of the greatest songs ever written! When I point out that it is nothing more than disingenuous saccharine tripe he gives me a pitying look as if I am missing out on a great and profound truth. "Imagine no possessions?" It's easy if you have a garage full of Rollers you faux egalitarian cvnt Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    It's an odd thing that seems to afflict so many. I have an old friend and we still get together to quaff whisky, smoke the weed and listen to that good ole rock 'n roll. He has excellent taste in, and an expansive knowledge of contemporary music and I am always happy to scrutinize his recommendations.

But he will insist that Imagine is one of the greatest songs ever written! When I point out that it is nothing more than disingenuous saccharine tripe he gives me a pitying look as if I am missing out on a great and profound truth. "Imagine no possessions?" It's easy if you have a garage full of Rollers you faux egalitarian cvnt Lennon.
    I agree to an extent, h - but lyrics aren't necessarily to be taken absolutely literally, are they?

How does it feel... to be like.. a rolling stone? That's complete drivel, isn't it? How can a man feel like a stone? It's sort of poetic licence, I suppose.

And how can a man be Born To Run fer fuxake? Men are born to walk, trot, stroll, lie

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I agree to an extent, h - but lyrics aren't necessarily to be taken absolutely literally, are they?

How does it feel... to be like.. a rolling stone? That's complete drivel, isn't it? How can a man feel like a stone? It's sort of poetic licence, I suppose.
    down and yes, to sometimes run but born to do nothing but run? Stuff 'o nonsense.