Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good morning all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I’d say that’s the only downside to the current situation. I’d be happy with a decent quality Chinese.
    Have I already told you that I've found the best kebab ever?

The lads in the kebaby are South Asian Muslims and have a big metal tandoor inside. They make these large, round naans, slightly slimmer than normal but much bigger and circular, and they put the kebabs in these. Their large lamb shish is the first kebab the glw actually enjoys having a bite of.

Also down here, I've found the only decent pizza outside France. Cos the have a bas blanc one, with creme fraiche instead of evil tomatoes.

So while there aren't any nice restaurants in Margate and no sushi delivery, I am able to enjoy a kebab and a pizza takeaway for the first time ever in England. The pizza gaff is by the Turner Contemporary, so you can get a pizza and a bottle of wine from the offie and sit on the steps down to the beach, or on the benches along the seafront.

Hang on, this kebab house is in Margate?

Why are you in Margate?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

The lads in the kebaby are South Asian Muslims and have a big metal tandoor inside. They make these large, round naans, slightly slimmer than normal but much bigger and circular, and they put the kebabs in these. Their large lamb shish is the first kebab the glw actually enjoys having a bite of.

Also down here, I've found the only decent pizza outside France. Cos the have a bas blanc one, with creme fraiche instead of evil tomatoes.

So while there aren't any nice restaurants in Margate and no sushi delivery, I am able to enjoy a kebab and a pizza takeaway for the first time ever in England. The pizza gaff is by the Turner Contemporary, so you can get a pizza and a bottle of wine from the offie and sit on the steps down to the beach, or on the benches along the seafront.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

There's a rather nice seafood restaurant on the front opposite the Turner. You can sit upstairs with a bottle of Gavi di Gavi and enjoy a decent seafood lunch and end up with a surprisingly painful bill. wd Margate.

Where exactly is this kebab emporium?

And how are things in the travel business?
    Unfortunatley there isn't one anymore. But at least my company has very deep pockets.
    We are trying to get that NY to London route open.

There's a rather nice seafood restaurant on the front opposite the Turner. You can sit upstairs with a bottle of Gavi di Gavi and enjoy a decent seafood lunch and end up with a surprisingly painful bill. wd Margate.

Where exactly is this kebab emporium?
    It's called Kebabish, up Northdown road. Opposite the Tamil offie that sells loads of what must be smuggled high strength larger {think £1.10 as opposed to 2 quid} cos they have cans called 8.5% something which would be illegal here since Cameron made it 4 units max.

Can you remember the name of the place opposite the Turner? Or the exact address?

It's called Kebabish, up Northdown road. Opposite the Tamil offie that sells loads of what must be smuggled high strength larger {think £1.10 as opposed to 2 quid} cos they have cans called 8.5% something which would be illegal here since Cameron made it 4 units max.

Can you remember the name of the place opposite the Turner? Or the exact address?
    Buoy & Oyster? Something like that. A lunch on a Saturday is my favourite meal. And my favourite place to eat it is ina seafood restaurant. fACT.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    The only downside? Kinell you old miserable goat.

Other than empty football stadiums, no foreign travel, not being able to go to the pub properly, no outdoor sport, a broken economy, soaring national debt, compromised education for the young and general destruction of our society, you mean?

Jesus wept
    Also the elderly being outcast and forgotten, domestic abuse rising and suicides through the roof (not literally)

And we're only at plandemic stage 1
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Buoy & Oyster? Something like that. A lunch on a Saturday is my favourite meal. And my favourite place to eat it is ina seafood restaurant. fACT.
    I know that one. Never been there; we tried when some mates were down this summer but it was all full because of the Eat Out to Help Out deal. So you recommend it, then?

Here's Kebabish. 175 Northdown Rd. {With the cheapest offie in town opposite.}

https://kebabishmargate.co.uk/

If you're ever down Margate and fancy a quick pint or kebab, gizza bell or text the day before. You're in my Parvati's good books for helping with the car.

I know that one. Never been there; we tried when some mates were down this summer but it was all full because of the Eat Out to Help Out deal. So you recommend it, then?

Here's Kebabish. 175 Northdown Rd. {With the cheapest offie in town opposite.}

https://kebabishmargate.co.uk/

If you're ever down Margate and fancy a quick pint or kebab, gizza bell or text the day before. You're in my Parvati's good books for helping with the car.
    I can't help but notice that, while it pronounces itself Halal, the main image on the homepage shows what appear to be pork chops.

Halal pork chops are something I'd consider going to Margate to try.

chops.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I can't help but notice that, while it pronounces itself Halal, the main image on the homepage shows what appear to be pork chops.

Halal pork chops are something I'd consider going to Margate to try.

chops.jpg
    Good point. They are definitely Muslims, cos I asked whether they were speaking Hindi or Urdu. Though when I said Shu-kri-ay to them, they replied that they pronounce it Shu-kraan. Though one lad was a Bengali.

I'll ask for you next time. A halal pork chop would be nice. Like a kosher bacon sarnie.