Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm not happy about this vaccine news. Not happy at all.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm not happy about this vaccine news. Not happy at all.

If things are back to normal in the spring then football will become football again.

And we're really, really poor. I mean like bad. NFG. As bad as I can remember. Badder than a team containing Martin Hayes and Ian Allinson. Worser than a team with Chris Whyte at centre half.

It's a piss poor outlook and no mistake.

I remember being at a match once when George Graham brought on the mighty Nial Quinn and then took him off again because he was so bad - now that was piss poor

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If things are back to normal in the spring then football will become football again.

And we're really, really poor. I mean like bad. NFG. As bad as I can remember. Badder than a team containing Martin Hayes and Ian Allinson. Worser than a team with Chris Whyte at centre half.

It's a piss poor outlook and no mistake.
    Chris Whyte won the league at Leeds. Can't see our donkeys achieving that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Correct. Chris Whyte is nowhere near the worst centre-back we've seen in the past 50 years. He was a decent player who had the misfortune to play for us at a time when the defence was given no protection from a powder-puff midfield containing the likes of Rix, Davis and the vastly over-rated Steve Williams. Even our best midfielder at the time, Brian Talbot, was at his most effective going forward. David O'Leary looked ordinary during those years, when he had appeared a world-beater in his early time with the club.
    Last edited by Yesterday Once More; 11-10-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    Correct. Chris Whyte is nowhere near the worst centre-back we've seen in the past 50 years.
    That honour belongs to Thomas Vermaelen. The over-rated, shít****.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG2 View Post
    That honour belongs to Thomas Vermaelen. The over-rated, shít****.
    Not even close. Just off the top of my head Pascal Cygan, Igor Stepanovs, Sebastien Squillaci and Mikael Silvestre were all worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not even close. Just off the top of my head Pascal Cygan, Igor Stepanovs, Sebastien Squillaci and Mikael Silvestre were all worse.
    A player who left us to join a prime Barca is our worst ever CB? Not for me Clive.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

No. Cygan was responsible for one of my fave ever moments. Winning 3-1 at Roma.

!-0 down after 4 mins. Then we equalise through Titi 1 min later. Later in the first half, Totti shoots. You see the goal. The keeper's beaten and it's going into an empty net on the far side. Then, as if by magic, Cygan's bald head appeared in the shot from nowhere and he cleared it off the line.

2 more for Titi in the 2nd half. Heroic win. All down to Pascal's magically appearing from nowhere. Far better defender that the 3 Ss you mention.

Not so. Maybe Squillaci was close.

TV5 scored on his debut in a rout and we got our hopes up. Then there was that awful performance against Chelsea and he just got steadily worse.

He then, bizarrely, went to Barca and did fúck all, other than being unable to drive into their car park properly. Sums him up...

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    He improved when his hair started falling out.