Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Brace yourselves: Bobby Ball gone.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    That's the logic that was used, in part, to justify locking down Liverpool. And then the medical officer for Liverpool pointed out that it was complete *******s because they had contingency plans that would allow them to quickly increase ICU capacity if it was needed, they had put them in place during the first wave. Potential ICU capacity isn't even close to being maxed out, it's just more scare mongering and hyperbole from the cowards in government, the complicit media (I exclude the Tele from this who routinely write lockdown critical articles) and the introverted, anti-social, sub-normal retards in Sage who are for more concerned about not being wrong then they are about being right.

There are approximately 170,000 hospital beds in the UK (I think that does not include the Nightingale hospitals which are all currently empty) of which less than 10,000 were used for Covid patients as at last night. ICU's are running at normal capacity. Excess deaths (the metric which the 'experts' assured was the best way of measuring the impact of Covid) are more or less at the 5 year average.

And yet we're closing down part of our economy, compromising our children's education, massively increasing our national debt? Really? Your pony bothering mate is right, the world has gone mad.

As for your parents, if they are over 70 but not obese, don't smoke and have no underlying health conditions they can lead a more or less normal life with only a few sensible constraints i.e. don't attend a family gathering with 20+ people indoors and talk to everyone for 3-4 hours, with virtually no chance of catching the virus and dying from it.
    Why would anyone have to justify locking down Liverpool?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Why would anyone have to justify locking down Liverpool?
    You spelt knocking wrong
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Hard drinking old man dies shocker.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Actually, you've made your parents sound like a colossal homo (as it were).

Or was that the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They are and they have - because they are fortunate enough to have the support network, technological skills and- let's face it - money to do so comfortably. Not everyone has. Equally, they are a couple and so issues of isolation and loneliness are less pressing to them than they are to single vulnerable people.
    This 'oh, they should just lock themselves away so the rest of us can get on with it' attitude is profoundly callous, heartless and unthinking. These are actual people you're talking about here, not mere inconveniences.
    I also worry about the factors you mention, but I think there's something deeply wrong with thinking the way you do about people.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Take my folks, for instance. They are (touch wood) very healthy; mentally acute; active and are very much enjoying their later years. Given which, they - not unreasonably - would prefer not to expose themselves unduly to the risk of catching a virus that would have a very good chance of killing them.
    As a result, I tend to take a dim view of people who boldly assert that they just should strap on a pair and potentially shorten the lives they are very much enjoying because the rest of us are finding the whole thing a bit tiresome. Now you can take the view that their determination to cling to life is selfish in a societal sense if you like, but you probably need to accept that your view comes from an equally selfish place.
    "A very good chance of killing them"?

What the buggery are you jibbering on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Hard drinking old man dies shocker.
    Older people die shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    "A very good chance of killing them"?

What the buggery are you jibbering on about?
    I find myself wondering if Berni is Chris Witty - or perhaps some other socially dysfunctional member of Sage.

His post has all the hallmarks of a Sage presentation. First you grossly exaggerate the danger presented by Covid, then you make an emotional tie to the misrepresentation, all the while completely ignoring the impact of lockdown, as though it had no victims.

Sage do it because the thing they fear most is the possibility that we try a different approach to that which they recommend, and find that it works. And that they end up then being blamed for the devastation to our economy, for compromising our children's education and for the overall impact on our way of life. Worse yet, that outcome would prove that they lacked the humility to admit what they didn't really know, and that we paid a massive price for that conceit.

Lord knows why Berni does it.

By his own estimation, men over 70 have only a 1% risk of dying of COVID if they catch it.

And of course that’s only if they catch the virus. Factor in the probability of catching it in the first place and the chances of dying of covid must presumably shrink significantly further.

How on earth does this become “a very good chance of dying”?

I find myself wondering if Berni is Chris Witty - or perhaps some other socially dysfunctional member of Sage.

His post has all the hallmarks of a Sage presentation. First you grossly exaggerate the danger presented by Covid, then you make an emotional tie to the misrepresentation, all the while completely ignoring the impact of lockdown, as though it had no victims.

Sage do it because the thing they fear most is the possibility that we try a different approach to that which they recommend, and find that it works. And that they end up then being blamed for the devastation to our economy, for compromising our children's education and for the overall impact on our way of life. Worse yet, that outcome would prove that they lacked the humility to admit what they didn't really know, and that we paid a massive price for that conceit.

Lord knows why Berni does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    By his own estimation, men over 70 have only a 1% risk of dying of COVID if they catch it.

And of course that’s only if they catch the virus. Factor in the probability of catching it in the first place and the chances of dying of covid must presumably shrink significantly further.

How on earth does this become “a very good chance of dying”?
    And of course, as I was trying to point out, by taking some very basic precautions which hardly make life not worth living, they can significantly reduce the odds even further.

Asking the vulnerable to accept these precautions, spending time, money and effort ensuring that the vulnerable are protected as much as possible (better PPE and more testing in care homes and hospitals, more support personnel for physical and mental well being etc) would massively reduce the mortality rate and along with better treatments we might find that we can begin leading a normal life sooner rather than later.

That or we could just keep shutting down our economy every few months and ignore what it's doing to the population generally, not to mention to our children's future.

And of course, as I was trying to point out, by taking some very basic precautions which hardly make life not worth living, they can significantly reduce the odds even further.

Asking the vulnerable to accept these precautions, spending time, money and effort ensuring that the vulnerable are protected as much as possible (better PPE and more testing in care homes and hospitals, more support personnel for physical and mental well being etc) would massively reduce the mortality rate and along with better treatments we might find that we can begin leading a normal life sooner rather than later.

That or we could just keep shutting down our economy every few months and ignore what it's doing to the population generally, not to mention to our children's future.
    And of course if this was suggested to that fat, blithering idiot in No. 10 he would say something insanely stupid along the lines of 'I refuse to accept that we should let the virus rip through our population'.

Despite the fact that no one has ever suggested we do exactly that. Boris and Sage want to see a nice simple world. You either nod your head dumbly at their selective and misleading statistics and never question their hyperbole or scare mongering, or you're someone that wants to 'let the virus rip'.

Cretins.