Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Brace yourselves: Bobby Ball gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's correct. Our hospitals customarily operate at or near capacity at all times.

The point is that if there is a significant spike in ICU admissions, then you get over 100% capacity in no time at all - which neans that people are no longer receiving adequate care and significant numbers of preventable deaths start occurring very quickly.
    They also showed a video of an ICU ward. You would think you'd see lifeless bodies hooked up to machines,

Not really it was the usual peope who have other problems all sitting there talking away.

Also if there was a massive problem no doubt the papers/news would have jumped all over it if there where photos of people laying around in corridors on coffee tables like in Italy.

I am by far an expert but wouldn't make sense to put the covid fellas in the Knightingale hospitals and keep the regular hospitals free (as much as possible) of the Covid.

Of course. This is f@cking complicated stuff and literally nobody has 'got it right' because 'getting it right' in this context is a pipe dream. It's a constant weighing of negatives against one another while trying to retain basic humanitarian principles. I don't care what political perspective you come from, but I pity any government of any political shade that is faced with making these choices.
    Indeed. ****ers should still keep the pubs open though

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Your analogy is mendacious. The risk isn't a 1 in ahundred chance of dying if you get in the aeroplane, your risk is 1 in a hundred of dying if the aeroplane crashes. As you well know, 1 in a 100 70-79 year olds haven't died because they left the house.

The risk is infinitesimal.
    It's not mendacious. Millions of people in the UK are estimated to have already had the disease, so even if you consider the lower end of those estimates, that is already a significant proportion of the population. So given that, the risk of catching it is far from infinitesimal and, given that the death rates among males aged 70-79 are 1 in 100, there's nothing infinitesimal about those risks either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    They also showed a video of an ICU ward. You would think you'd see lifeless bodies hooked up to machines,

Not really it was the usual peope who have other problems all sitting there talking away.

Also if there was a massive problem no doubt the papers/news would have jumped all over it if there where photos of people laying around in corridors on coffee tables like in Italy.

I am by far an expert but wouldn't make sense to put the covid fellas in the Knightingale hospitals and keep the regular hospitals free (as much as possible) of the Covid.
    No. The Nightingale hospitals would far more sensibly be used to cope with the overspill of 'normal' patients whose needs are less acute.

Yes. I know what it is; all he wants is a few decent hounds (good for long walks out in the fresh air). And plenty of Vitamin B; Chabasse is a particularly toothsome brand.

Probably too late to do anything about it now though, I suppose. RIP.

Deaded by the 'vid.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes. I know what it is; all he wants is a few decent hounds (good for long walks out in the fresh air). And plenty of Vitamin B; Chabasse is a particularly toothsome brand.

Probably too late to do anything about it now though, I suppose. RIP.
    I thought it was all about the Vitamin D - particularly for you more melanin-heavy chaps?

Quite right, my mistake; probably had one or two too many.

I thought it was all about the Vitamin D - particularly for you more melanin-heavy chaps?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Quite right, my mistake; probably had one or two too many.
    Isn't Vitamin B the drinker's vitamin?

That's correct. Our hospitals customarily operate at or near capacity at all times.

The point is that if there is a significant spike in ICU admissions, then you get over 100% capacity in no time at all - which neans that people are no longer receiving adequate care and significant numbers of preventable deaths start occurring very quickly.
    That's the logic that was used, in part, to justify locking down Liverpool. And then the medical officer for Liverpool pointed out that it was complete *******s because they had contingency plans that would allow them to quickly increase ICU capacity if it was needed, they had put them in place during the first wave. Potential ICU capacity isn't even close to being maxed out, it's just more scare mongering and hyperbole from the cowards in government, the complicit media (I exclude the Tele from this who routinely write lockdown critical articles) and the introverted, anti-social, sub-normal retards in Sage who are for more concerned about not being wrong then they are about being right.

There are approximately 170,000 hospital beds in the UK (I think that does not include the Nightingale hospitals which are all currently empty) of which less than 10,000 were used for Covid patients as at last night. ICU's are running at normal capacity. Excess deaths (the metric which the 'experts' assured was the best way of measuring the impact of Covid) are more or less at the 5 year average.

And yet we're closing down part of our economy, compromising our children's education, massively increasing our national debt? Really? Your pony bothering mate is right, the world has gone mad.

As for your parents, if they are over 70 but not obese, don't smoke and have no underlying health conditions they can lead a more or less normal life with only a few sensible constraints i.e. don't attend a family gathering with 20+ people indoors and talk to everyone for 3-4 hours, with virtually no chance of catching the virus and dying from it.

Don't. I'm already despairing of my short break away in Ludlow I've booked for next month.

I do struggle with the logic of seeing a rise in infections that was merely postponed by the last lockdown and concluding that the best way to deal with it is with another lockdown that can only postpone another rise in infections.
    Is it too simplistic and obvious that if you test more people you will see more infections? If anything it proves what an incredibly low mortality rate this pussy ass flu has. Darker forces are at work here make no mistake*

*Is that phrase banned?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'