Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Brace yourselves: Bobby Ball gone.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I am a bit confused. In March just before the lockdown everyone was normal then we had lockdown.

Now we generally all wear masks and keep distancing and now it's rising again. Almost like these magical masks don't work.
    'It's' rising because we're doing lots of testing.

ICUs are as busy as usual. A few people are dying of respiratory disease. Like every year.

People have lost their fúcking minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    'It's' rising because we're doing lots of testing.

ICUs are as busy as usual. A few people are dying of respiratory disease. Like every year.

People have lost their fúcking minds.
    Exactly. I was watching the news last week and they said a hospital in Manchester was at 97% Capacity.
    I don't find this shocknig as I assume most hospitals in the UK are like this all the time anyway.

Exactly. I was watching the news last week and they said a hospital in Manchester was at 97% Capacity.
    I don't find this shocknig as I assume most hospitals in the UK are like this all the time anyway.
    That's correct. Our hospitals customarily operate at or near capacity at all times.

The point is that if there is a significant spike in ICU admissions, then you get over 100% capacity in no time at all - which neans that people are no longer receiving adequate care and significant numbers of preventable deaths start occurring very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's correct. Our hospitals customarily operate at or near capacity at all times.

The point is that if there is a significant spike in ICU admissions, then you get over 100% capacity in no time at all - which neans that people are no longer receiving adequate care and significant numbers of preventable deaths start occurring very quickly.
    They also showed a video of an ICU ward. You would think you'd see lifeless bodies hooked up to machines,

Not really it was the usual peope who have other problems all sitting there talking away.

Also if there was a massive problem no doubt the papers/news would have jumped all over it if there where photos of people laying around in corridors on coffee tables like in Italy.

I am by far an expert but wouldn't make sense to put the covid fellas in the Knightingale hospitals and keep the regular hospitals free (as much as possible) of the Covid.

They also showed a video of an ICU ward. You would think you'd see lifeless bodies hooked up to machines,

Not really it was the usual peope who have other problems all sitting there talking away.

Also if there was a massive problem no doubt the papers/news would have jumped all over it if there where photos of people laying around in corridors on coffee tables like in Italy.

I am by far an expert but wouldn't make sense to put the covid fellas in the Knightingale hospitals and keep the regular hospitals free (as much as possible) of the Covid.
    No. The Nightingale hospitals would far more sensibly be used to cope with the overspill of 'normal' patients whose needs are less acute.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

That's the logic that was used, in part, to justify locking down Liverpool. And then the medical officer for Liverpool pointed out that it was complete *******s because they had contingency plans that would allow them to quickly increase ICU capacity if it was needed, they had put them in place during the first wave. Potential ICU capacity isn't even close to being maxed out, it's just more scare mongering and hyperbole from the cowards in government, the complicit media (I exclude the Tele from this who routinely write lockdown critical articles) and the introverted, anti-social, sub-normal retards in Sage who are for more concerned about not being wrong then they are about being right.

There are approximately 170,000 hospital beds in the UK (I think that does not include the Nightingale hospitals which are all currently empty) of which less than 10,000 were used for Covid patients as at last night. ICU's are running at normal capacity. Excess deaths (the metric which the 'experts' assured was the best way of measuring the impact of Covid) are more or less at the 5 year average.

And yet we're closing down part of our economy, compromising our children's education, massively increasing our national debt? Really? Your pony bothering mate is right, the world has gone mad.

As for your parents, if they are over 70 but not obese, don't smoke and have no underlying health conditions they can lead a more or less normal life with only a few sensible constraints i.e. don't attend a family gathering with 20+ people indoors and talk to everyone for 3-4 hours, with virtually no chance of catching the virus and dying from it.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    That's the logic that was used, in part, to justify locking down Liverpool. And then the medical officer for Liverpool pointed out that it was complete *******s because they had contingency plans that would allow them to quickly increase ICU capacity if it was needed, they had put them in place during the first wave. Potential ICU capacity isn't even close to being maxed out, it's just more scare mongering and hyperbole from the cowards in government, the complicit media (I exclude the Tele from this who routinely write lockdown critical articles) and the introverted, anti-social, sub-normal retards in Sage who are for more concerned about not being wrong then they are about being right.

There are approximately 170,000 hospital beds in the UK (I think that does not include the Nightingale hospitals which are all currently empty) of which less than 10,000 were used for Covid patients as at last night. ICU's are running at normal capacity. Excess deaths (the metric which the 'experts' assured was the best way of measuring the impact of Covid) are more or less at the 5 year average.

And yet we're closing down part of our economy, compromising our children's education, massively increasing our national debt? Really? Your pony bothering mate is right, the world has gone mad.

As for your parents, if they are over 70 but not obese, don't smoke and have no underlying health conditions they can lead a more or less normal life with only a few sensible constraints i.e. don't attend a family gathering with 20+ people indoors and talk to everyone for 3-4 hours, with virtually no chance of catching the virus and dying from it.
    Why would anyone have to justify locking down Liverpool?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Why would anyone have to justify locking down Liverpool?
    You spelt knocking wrong
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'