Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Brace yourselves: Bobby Ball gone.

  1. #1

    Brace yourselves: Bobby Ball gone.

    Deaded by the 'vid.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Deaded by the 'vid.
    How long before the hysterics have us in full lockdown again? My money's on a week from now. :rubshands:

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Deaded by the 'vid.
    Superbly, the Huffington Post has managed to report on this using a picture of leading scientist Lord Robert Winston.
    ElfPXQEWMAApJe7.jpg

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    How long before the hysterics have us in full lockdown again? My money's on a week from now. :rubshands:
    Pubs closed for a month from Monday here

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Pubs closed for a month from Monday here
    I've ordered 10 cases of ordinary claret in case the *******s introduce rationing.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    How long before the hysterics have us in full lockdown again? My money's on a week from now. :rubshands:
    Don't. I'm already despairing of my short break away in Ludlow I've booked for next month.

    I do struggle with the logic of seeing a rise in infections that was merely postponed by the last lockdown and concluding that the best way to deal with it is with another lockdown that can only postpone another rise in infections.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Don't. I'm already despairing of my short break away in Ludlow I've booked for next month.

    I do struggle with the logic of seeing a rise in infections that was merely postponed by the last lockdown and concluding that the best way to deal with it is with another lockdown that can only postpone another rise in infections.
    Well you know my attitude to the whole thing. It's entirely down to the arrogance and egocentricity of the majority of the population. "Oh noooos I might die that would be so terrible! I'd best hide behind the sofa!" (Cf peoiple who are 'afraid of flying') It's just selfishness.

    We are a nation of repellant, self-absorbed egomaniacs and I hate each and every one of us.

    Whatever happened to living a dayt as a lion rather than years as a lamb, ffs?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Don't. I'm already despairing of my short break away in Ludlow I've booked for next month.

    I do struggle with the logic of seeing a rise in infections that was merely postponed by the last lockdown and concluding that the best way to deal with it is with another lockdown that can only postpone another rise in infections.
    Christmas would appear to be cancelled - we need a Grinch smiley

    I still have 34 days holiday to take this year - not really much point though

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well you know my attitude to the whole thing. It's entirely down to the arrogance and egocentricity of the majority of the population. "Oh noooos I might die that would be so terrible! I'd best hide behind the sofa!" (Cf peoiple who are 'afraid of flying') It's just selfishness.

    We are a nation of repellant, self-absorbed egomaniacs and I hate each and every one of us.

    Whatever happened to living a dayt as a lion rather than years as a lamb, ffs?
    Well medical science has created average life expectancies of 80-fķck+ and we haven't had a proper war in ages, so the concept of suffering an early death seems even more egregious and unfair to people now than it ever has before.
    Stoicism is borne of hardship and we in the west have lived in a condition of ease for a long, long time. Put simply, you can't create a society that minimises risk to an unprecedented degree and then expect everyone to happily accept and embrace risk.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Christmas would appear to be cancelled - we need a Grinch smiley

    I still have 34 days holiday to take this year - not really much point though
    Yeah, me too. I'll still take the time off. I desperately need a few days where I don't have to be welded to my phone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •