Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I mean (and I don't wish to bang on about it) it's the tactics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    What would they do with a Bergy nowadays? It didn't work when we played him as a lone forward. No-one ahead of him to pass to.

If there's no place for DB10 in modern football, I'm done with the sport.
    He would be good enough to reinvent himself GG. I mean Harry Kane is being praised as the second coming at the moment for setting up for a few goals. But, yeah, it's hard to get excited at the moment. Young Saka may be our only hope ...

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He would be good enough to reinvent himself GG. I mean Harry Kane is being praised as the second coming at the moment for setting up for a few goals. But, yeah, it's hard to get excited at the moment. Young Saka may be our only hope ...
    The wee Jocky lad on the left is a pleasure to watch imo. Proper footballer, albeit a defender. And Dani is also quite pleasing, and would be even more pleasing if we had better movement up front, I think.

And whilst I enjoy a bit of creativity as much as the next man, it's also nice playing teams like Chelsea and Liverpool knowing we aren't going to lose 6-0 anymore. We are the Arsenal, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    The wee Jocky lad on the left is a pleasure to watch imo. Proper footballer, albeit a defender. And Dani is also quite pleasing, and would be even more pleasing if we had better movement up front, I think.

And whilst I enjoy a bit of creativity as much as the next man, it's also nice playing teams like Chelsea and Liverpool knowing we aren't going to lose 6-0 anymore. We are the Arsenal, after all.
    Dani is a lovely footballer. But I agree it is nice to see a bit of solidity - it is whether Mikel can take it up a notch, which we are going to find out soon