Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I mean (and I don't wish to bang on about it) it's the tactics

I mean (and I don't wish to bang on about it) it's the tactics

of the junior school playground. Everyone just chasing the ball around. Before long I expect to see all 22 players gathered around the penalty area while the 'keeper tries to take a goal kick.

It's a load of old *******s and I'm done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    of the junior school playground. Everyone just chasing the ball around. Before long I expect to see all 22 players gathered around the penalty area while the 'keeper tries to take a goal kick.

I blame the Germans. At least when the Italians sought cynically to suck all the joy out of football they didn't try to hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I blame the Germans. At least when the Italians sought cynically to suck all the joy out of football they didn't try to hide it.
    I'm done with Germans. A German diplomat was rude to me yesterday and received a full and frank explanation as to why he should never contact my office again. There was even a little industrial language. The coward backed doiwn and apologised.

I hate them b. I've always hated them. Arrogant bástards to a man. (la excepted, natch.)

I'm listening to thon book btw. It's jolly good, isn't it? I rather like how he's presenting it in the form of a rattling good yarn.

I'm done with Germans. A German diplomat was rude to me yesterday and received a full and frank explanation as to why he should never contact my office again. There was even a little industrial language. The coward backed doiwn and apologised.

I hate them b. I've always hated them. Arrogant bástards to a man. (la excepted, natch.)

I'm listening to thon book btw. It's jolly good, isn't it? I rather like how he's presenting it in the form of a rattling good yarn.
    A rude diplomat is surely an oxymoron? You should have asked for your grandad's bike back while you were at it.

Yes, I was worried it might be rather dry, but I rattled through it in no time and was rather sorry when it ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A rude diplomat is surely an oxymoron? You should have asked for your grandad's bike back while you were at it.

Yes, I was worried it might be rather dry, but I rattled through it in no time and was rather sorry when it ended.
    Funnily enough, I recently asked a newly-retired extremely high-ranking diplomat whether, at the end of such a long and distinguished career of diplomacy, he had got a little end-of-termish and was tempted to be gratuitously rude to Angela Merkel. He looked puzzled for a moment, for the thought had never occurred to him. Then he absolutely pissed himself Charming fellow.

His others may be worth a look as well, I'd say. https://www.penguin.co.uk/authors/10...and-white.html

They've killed the No 10, Sir C - what point is there carrying on

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Message reported to redgunamo

#itsallaboutno9

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Message reported to redgunamo

#itsallaboutno9
    False 9 these days, WES. Sad scenes

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    What would they do with a Bergy nowadays? It didn't work when we played him as a lone forward. No-one ahead of him to pass to.

If there's no place for DB10 in modern football, I'm done with the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    What would they do with a Bergy nowadays? It didn't work when we played him as a lone forward. No-one ahead of him to pass to.

If there's no place for DB10 in modern football, I'm done with the sport.
    He would be good enough to reinvent himself GG. I mean Harry Kane is being praised as the second coming at the moment for setting up for a few goals. But, yeah, it's hard to get excited at the moment. Young Saka may be our only hope ...