Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: They’ve binned Gunnersaurus.

They’ve binned Gunnersaurus.

What has happened to my club?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    To be fair, Gonnersaurus is the best news to have come out of the pandemic.

Great...now we have a green dinosaur claiming benefits :vex:

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Great...now we have a green dinosaur claiming benefits :vex:
    27 years that chancer's been stealing a living, t. 27 fúcking years!

I've always hated him. If we ever get crowds back, let's please either abandon the vulgar business of mascots altogether or at least have one whose appearance has something to do with the club and its history. I want a big cannon running around looking like a cock and bóllocks while hugging the kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    27 years that chancer's been stealing a living, t. 27 fúcking years!

I've always hated him. If we ever get crowds back, let's please either abandon the vulgar business of mascots altogether or at least have one whose appearance has something to do with the club and its history. I want a big cannon running around looking like a cock and bóllocks while hugging the kiddies.
    According to the reports, the fella in the costume is STILL Jerry Quy, who must have been in his 50s when he worked on the Travel Club away day nonce coaches in the 1990s, meaning he'll be well into his 70s by now!

The reports also say he missed his brother's wedding in favour of attending an arsenal game dressed as a dinosaur, which, without the full facts, doesn't sound like the behaviour of someone we should be feeling sorry for...

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    According to the reports, the fella in the costume is STILL Jerry Quy, who must have been in his 50s when he worked on the Travel Club away day nonce coaches in the 1990s, meaning he'll be well into his 70s by now!

The reports also say he missed his brother's wedding in favour of attending an arsenal game dressed as a dinosaur, which, without the full facts, doesn't sound like the behaviour of someone we should be feeling sorry for...
    I see that even a global pandemic and the deaths of literally billions hasn't opened your compassion gland.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

It could have been anyone in there, m. Harold Shipman, Jimmy Savile, Fred West - anyone.

I see that even a global pandemic and the deaths of literally billions hasn't opened your compassion gland.
    Look, he's had a bloody good run getting paid an annual wage for 'working' every other weekend from August to May. And in a game with no supporters present, it's hard to argue that the position of club mascot isn't redundant.

The time they decided to go with this story actually makes me rather annoyed.

Deliberately bring it out on Deadline day morning to make the club look ridiculous and the token Ornstein we are not signing anybody bull**** tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Look, he's had a bloody good run getting paid an annual wage for 'working' every other weekend from August to May. And in a game with no supporters present, it's hard to argue that the position of club mascot isn't redundant.
    You can't just discard people because their jobs don't exist any more. The man probably has a mortgage and schoool fees to pay. How would you feel walking in to Mrs f with, "Have a seat, there's something I need to tell you..."

I don't like it.