Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: They’ve binned Gunnersaurus.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I see that even a global pandemic and the deaths of literally billions hasn't opened your compassion gland.
    Look, he's had a bloody good run getting paid an annual wage for 'working' every other weekend from August to May. And in a game with no supporters present, it's hard to argue that the position of club mascot isn't redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Look, he's had a bloody good run getting paid an annual wage for 'working' every other weekend from August to May. And in a game with no supporters present, it's hard to argue that the position of club mascot isn't redundant.
    You can't just discard people because their jobs don't exist any more. The man probably has a mortgage and schoool fees to pay. How would you feel walking in to Mrs f with, "Have a seat, there's something I need to tell you..."

I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You can't just discard people because their jobs don't exist any more. The man probably has a mortgage and schoool fees to pay. How would you feel walking in to Mrs f with, "Have a seat, there's something I need to tell you..."

I don't like it.
    To be honest, I've spent the last two weeks doing exactly that, so I've become rather numb to it.

By the looks of things he's well past retirement age anyway, so he's luckier than many.