Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So we're not signing Aouar, but are letting LT11 go?

So we're not signing Aouar, but are letting LT11 go?

Jeez, that's bright.

Not our greatest transfer window.

Torreira probably our 2nd best player the last few years. In his prime and still has 10 years left in the game and we're selling him for the same ammount as our reserve keeper. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Torreira probably our 2nd best player the last few years. In his prime and still has 10 years left in the game and we're selling him for the same ammount as our reserve keeper. Am I missing something?
    I know. Ironically, if we were playing 4-3-3, and all were at the top of their games, LT11, Gwendo and Ozil would be a decent MF 3.

Yet we give LT on loan to the team that wouldn't sell us Partey and we can't buy the other guy despite having agreed terms with him.

So we have El Nenny as our new MF general.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I know. Ironically, if we were playing 4-3-3, and all were at the top of their games, LT11, Gwendo and Ozil would be a decent MF 3.

Yet we give LT on loan to the team that wouldn't sell us Partey and we can't buy the other guy despite having agreed terms with him.

So we have El Nenny as our new MF general.
    Nah, that midfield would be an utter disaster. There’s a reason no one wants to buy Gwenda or Ozil and it isn’t because they’re playing brilliantly.

And while I quite like LT, being slow *and* a midget does make it awfully hard to play professional football.

I would imagine we are going after some midfielder of sorts.

Getting rid of LT and Guendouzi on loan seems like we are making space.
    It probably will be quite underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I would imagine we are going after some midfielder of sorts.

Getting rid of LT and Guendouzi on loan seems like we are making space.
    It probably will be quite underwhelming.
    Not that I always believe what I read but...

The reports seem to be saying we refuse to pay around 45-50mil for either Aouar or Partey. It seems pretty unlikely to me that we find a midfielder as good or better than Dani or Xhaka for less than that.

Please don’t tell me Arteta is as tight as Wenger was.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Not that I always believe what I read but...

The reports seem to be saying we refuse to pay around 45-50mil for either Aouar or Partey. It seems pretty unlikely to me that we find a midfielder as good or better than Dani or Xhaka for less than that.

Please don’t tell me Arteta is as tight as Wenger was.
    Well when Wenger went I actually was quite happy that the new manager/coaches would not be involved in that part of the business, hasn't taken long and now Arteta is doing the same.