Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: No complaints

No complaints

about the result but fúck me, the ref bottled that Mane one, didn't he?

Given that Mane changed direction from the path of the ball to strike Tierney and the definition of violent conduct...

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

imo

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG2 View Post

Given that Mane changed direction from the path of the ball to strike Tierney and the definition of violent conduct...

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

imo
    I've never seen a clearer red card.

We'd still have got gubbed, mind.

I'm convinced we have the makings of a decent side, but on the other hand... Christ. So many average footballers in this squad. I was idly considering the '98 team. Didn't cost much money, really. The keeper, back four, central midfield partnership, left winger and no. 10 were all amongst the top 2 or 3 players in their position in the league, all quite exceptional, both in talent and mentality. Just the right sided midfielder and the central striker (I'm not counting Wrighty) would be considered 'ordinary' players; 2 out of 11.

Now it's the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've never seen a clearer red card.

We'd still have got gubbed, mind.

I'm convinced we have the makings of a decent side, but on the other hand... Christ. So many average footballers in this squad. I was idly considering the '98 team. Didn't cost much money, really. The keeper, back four, central midfield partnership, left winger and no. 10 were all amongst the top 2 or 3 players in their position in the league, all quite exceptional, both in talent and mentality. Just the right sided midfielder and the central striker (I'm not counting Wrighty) would be considered 'ordinary' players; 2 out of 11.

Now it's the other way round.
    Dennis wants to come home and coach us - I would link to the story but it's on the BBC so don't want to offend you

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG2 View Post

VIOLENT CONDUCT

imo
    Ref was awful, Though seemed pissed off we didn't score.

The BLM crowd would’ve gone insane if they sent Mane off for just barely touching white boy Kieran.