Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Villa here...

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    After a bad first game Cech literally won the award for the best goalkeeper in the division - what more could he do?

And after 16 games, I'd say it's looking rather clear that Emi, like Sir Ches before him, wouldn't look out of place in the CL knock out rounds. This genuinely made me laugh - you did see who bought Emi didn't you (and I don't want to knock him because he did very well). It was Aston Villa not ****ing Juve or Barca or Real or PSG. The other club that wanted him was Brighton

Our current keeper is the same age has made 299 top flight appearances and has seven caps for Germany who currently have two of the best keepers in the world. Just a little perspective
    Yes. I know who bought Emi. My point is that I for one won't be surprised if, in 2-3 years in a normal, non-CV market, he ends up at a CL team. I think he has talent. As I did Sir Ches. And as I do Leno - who would have been 50/50 with Auba for PotY before the injury.

But there is no point trying to be logical. I like Emi. He joined us as a teen. Spent 10 years on the bench {4-0 down vs Reading in 20 mins or whatever it was in that 7-5 game.}. But when an injury gave him his chance, he played like a god, won us a cup and got us EuroFootie.

Cech came from Chelsea and deliberately lost us the first game cos that's the sort of thing Chavs do. He's a cünt. Never liked him, never will.

I know we can't afford two no.1 keepers. We had to sell. And I love Leno. It's just that I wish Emi all the best while I wouldn't piss on Cech if he was on fire. Who do you think he cheers for when we play the Chavs, hhhmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    And Szczesny was at Brentford - they loved him there. I do miss him, g
    That's my point, LA.

You know how much of a AW loyalist I was {still am.}. The one thing he got really wrong was dropping Sir Ches for having a fag after a defeat, and then replacing him with Cech.

All those years watching Manuel, Flappy, Mannone etc and we suddenly had a Pole who seemed a sort of cross between the calm Spunky and Mad Jens. And we ditched him for having a fag. And replaced him with some Chav reject.

Sir Ches should have been our keeper for a decade and half, breaking every record in our book.

It still hurts me, LA. It really does. :sniff:

Sometimes you can tell when a player has it

In Emi’s case he pretty much oozed class during his spell last season.

Ticked all the right boxes and took command of one of the most pathetic defences in premier league history.

Top quality goalkeeper...I still cannot believe 1/ Villa got him 2/ got him so cheaply

Czech was damaged goods when we got him.

I kind of disagree about the Liverpool spot kicks because I feel he got inside Brewster’s head and forced him to go to high.

-

Don’t care much for this new guy...filed away alongside Rabi Shabban (Poom is another file because he got a hard fought CL losers medal).

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Ticked all the right boxes and took command of one of the most pathetic defences in premier league history.

Top quality goalkeeper...I still cannot believe 1/ Villa got him 2/ got him so cheaply

I kind of disagree about the Liverpool spot kicks because I feel he got inside Brewster’s head and forced him to go to high.

-

Don’t care much for this new guy...filed away alongside Rabi Shabban (Poom is another file because he got a hard fought CL losers medal).
    Harsh on Rami - we'll always have Arsenal 3 Spurs 0

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

-

Agree with all of that. Spot on.