Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
After a bad first game Cech literally won the award for the best goalkeeper in the division - what more could he do?

And after 16 games, I'd say it's looking rather clear that Emi, like Sir Ches before him, wouldn't look out of place in the CL knock out rounds. This genuinely made me laugh - you did see who bought Emi didn't you (and I don't want to knock him because he did very well). It was Aston Villa not ****ing Juve or Barca or Real or PSG. The other club that wanted him was Brighton

Our current keeper is the same age has made 299 top flight appearances and has seven caps for Germany who currently have two of the best keepers in the world. Just a little perspective
Yes. I know who bought Emi. My point is that I for one won't be surprised if, in 2-3 years in a normal, non-CV market, he ends up at a CL team. I think he has talent. As I did Sir Ches. And as I do Leno - who would have been 50/50 with Auba for PotY before the injury.

But there is no point trying to be logical. I like Emi. He joined us as a teen. Spent 10 years on the bench {4-0 down vs Reading in 20 mins or whatever it was in that 7-5 game.}. But when an injury gave him his chance, he played like a god, won us a cup and got us EuroFootie.

Cech came from Chelsea and deliberately lost us the first game cos that's the sort of thing Chavs do. He's a cünt. Never liked him, never will.

I know we can't afford two no.1 keepers. We had to sell. And I love Leno. It's just that I wish Emi all the best while I wouldn't piss on Cech if he was on fire. Who do you think he cheers for when we play the Chavs, hhhmm?