Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Did Sperz get lucky? Were they both real red cards?

Did Sperz get lucky? Were they both real red cards?

Fell sorry for poor old Plovdiv.

I like those ex-Commie teams named after the train or leccy workers or soldiers like Lokomotiv, Dynamo and Spartak.

Though obviously working in the armaments industry is the best.

Bonus fact. Temple is the only station on both the London and Paris metros. However, until the start of WW2, they also had an Arsenal station, near Bastille. It was one of the stations closed in 1939 when metro workers got called up to the colours.

So between 1932 and 1939, London and Paris both had an Arsenal tube station as well as a Temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Fell sorry for poor old Plovdiv.

I like those ex-Commie teams named after the train or leccy workers or soldiers like Lokomotiv, Dynamo and Spartak.

Though obviously working in the armaments industry is the best.

Bonus fact. Temple is the only station on both the London and Paris metros. However, until the start of WW2, they also had an Arsenal station, near Bastille. It was one of the stations closed in 1939 when metro workers got called up to the colours.

So between 1932 and 1939, London and Paris both had an Arsenal tube station as well as a Temple.
    Good underground knowledge, gg. No argument for the first - handball on the line. Second one was for dissent so no idea really

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Good underground knowledge, gg. No argument for the first - handball on the line. Second one was for dissent so no idea really
    From the timings, it looks the dissent was moaning about the red card. {Was it another of those double whammies of straight red and pen that St A of W used to complain about?} If so, the silly Bulgar may have cost his team the tie. Why moan about the red if you're on a yellow. Seems over officious to me. But had it happened to the spuds I'd be laughing so would be hypocritical to complain too much.